Home – New Forums Selling online Financial planners and social media

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up
    ::

hi and welcome,

I’m a financial planner who is looking for ideas to setup a social media campaign on Facebook, instagram, twitter or LinkedIn to make the service more personable and focussed on what people would want from such a service, as opposed to boring people to death with talk on various topics they mightn’t be caring two hoots about.

My speciality is life insurance and superannuation, because of the ongoing government changes it takes a lot of effort to learn these changes and be able to explain these changes to everyday people because the political class seem incapable of this.

I would like to ask in this post, if you were in the position of marketing financial planning services what would be the message you’d convey to get leads on social media?

Thank you.

Steve

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Great question Steve>

How about something related to the quality of advice?

“Are you sure you’ve received the right insurance advice?”

steve201
    Participant
    Up

Thanks Paul

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 244809, member: 78928 wrote:
    “Are you sure you’ve received the right insurance advice?”

A very wise person once told me in business never make bad remarks about your opposition, And a headline like this could make it sound like that’s what you are doing.

Always keep your message positive, positive is good, it gets people in a positive frame of mind. Personally I only want to do business with positive people.

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

…..as opposed to boring people to death with talk on various topics they mightn’t be caring two hoots about.

People always give two hoots about money

Don’t bore them to death with technical stuff. Find out what’s important to them, which with super, may well be not having to eat cat food when they retire, or making sure the family is protected if they get hit by a bus.

Money is up there as one of the few really important things people think about. They want to save it, grow it and protect it. Everyone gives a hoot about money, just have to find the right trigger points.

And the good thing about social media is that you can discuss on a more personal level because people ask questions so you can get a little more specific than just showing a spreadsheet on a website. And over time that can lead to people thinking of you as the expert.

steve201
    Participant
    Up

Thank you, johnny.

I think it’s important to be down to earth and approachable on social media as well as in person.

If you’re not appreciated it’s possible to have a very lonely existence.

One of the issues you have pointed out has struck a chord with me, and that’s personal insurance which is appropriate.

I once had an experience where a relative passed away with no insurance in place and the relatives family took ages to financially recover.

steve201
    Participant
    Up

Hi bb1

Positive people make the world go round , so I can relate too this.

I have never met a successful business person yet whom was negative.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Another idea jogger Steve.

“How much money are you leaving on the table?”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.