Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Financial Planning – Need Advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    quiksilver
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone

I am new member to flying solo and have been impressed with the level of content, information and general news on this site.

With a career in Marketing & Communications within Financial services, working on product and brand campaigns…I’m looking at changing careers and becoming a Financial Planner.

Based in Melbourne. First on the list is to get the min qualification in Financial Planning. With so many education providers offering financial planner diplomas do you have any recommendations? the differences I’ve noticed with training providers were cost & duration of study and academic v trained industry professionals other than that the courses were fairly similar.

I’m thinking of going with Investment Banking Institute in Melbourne, has anyone done a course with them?

I’m keen to start a career in Financial Planning and if anyone had any more information on path ways to get foot in the door with Financial Planning and or contacts to touch base with in Melbourne that would be appreciated.

Quiksilver

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Make sure you have a look at Kaplan, which was previously FINSIA – they seem to be quite well recognised, and widely used in the financial services industry. This also means they have active workgroups and members.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Quiksilver,

Thanks for joining the forum. I’m sure there are a few people around here who can add to Carl’s suggestion (thanks Carl!)

I hope you enjoy your studies and your new career :)

Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.