Home – New Forums Money matters Financing cafe equiptment?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CaraTee
    • Total posts: 77
    Up
    ::

What are your suggestions for cafe equitpment (combi, stove top, krivac, coffee machine)

1. Purchase outright with bank financing
    2. Purchase on a ‘balloon loan’
    3. Lease
    4. Something else

The above would assume you are buying new though I guess which seems like madness? Maybe it would make sense to lease/balloon the coffee machine and combi and buy the rest second hand?

Thanks

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Cara,

Not that i am in the cafe business, although personally, i would prefer option 4. Other – Purchase Outright as this gives you no repayments to meet, no excessive interest payments and what you earn is what you keep :) minus basic operational expenses.. But note, this is just my personal preference…

If you are considering either of the other 3 options, just check what TOTAL COST is over the time frame – and re second hand items, oh boy, with the amount of businesses in this industry opening and closing i would HIGHLY recommend seeking near new second hand items from all sorts of avenues before paying FULL RRP….

Let us know how you go

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    31Degrees
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

I have no idea what they are like to get things through, but maybe check out something like Silver Chef? https://www.silverchef.com.au/

MH08
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

1. Lose money today but with planning it can come back?
    2. Balloon loans only save you very little anyway.
    3. Lease is a better option from a company like Premier Rentals.
    4. For the coffee machine, have one of the coffee companies come in just make sure you find out the minimum coffee order per week otherwise they’ll take the machine no questions asked.

Fridges can be acquired directly from Coke or Schweppes, but go over their contracts carefully to find the hidden gems they have. Also don’t be afraid to push them to their limits because they want the business. I know because I’m a distributor/importer myself, what does this mean? I literally push competitors fridges outside and put mine in.

Silver Chef pretty much controls the financing in the HoReCa sector.

31Degrees
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    MH08, post: 195109 wrote:
    Silver Chef pretty much controls the financing in the HoReCa sector.

I had a feeling they might, but the only experience I have with them is a brief chat and a free keyring from hospitality expo. I’m not looking at opening a store or getting big equipment til early next year, but are they a good option?

MH08
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

Silverchef have more of an understanding what’s needed to finance a business in the hospitality sector compared to a bank.

The key to cafe’s and restaurants is owning as much as possible because if you don’t and when it comes to sell with assets, it’s much at the value of a hairdresser.

Just make sure that you carefully value everything and that each of those seats make money because costs in a cafe/restaurant fluctuate greatly.

For example, cinnamon donuts went from $34 per box to $52.

Always stay on top of suppliers (i.e. myself) if you venture down this path.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.