Home – New Forums Get productive Find some ways to get more followers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sasha3232
    • Total posts: 56
    Up
    ::

For my company’s Linked In page!
    I’ve been stuck on an embarrassing 6 followers for about 2 months since setting it up. I will let you know if I find any good info about how to up that number.
    :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sasha,

That sounds like a worthy project.

One thing you might like to do is link you LinkedIn account to your forum profile.

You can do that in Control panel (accessed from the grey bar above the forum) – just choose Edit Your Details from the menu on the left, and when you’re adding your LinkedIn URL, make sure you don’t include the http://

Good luck – let us know how you get on :)
    Jayne

Kathy Creaner
    • Total posts: 152
    Up

Hi Sasha, are you interacting on Linked In on behalf of your company? I tend to follow people who are posting content that I’m interested in.

What groups would your company post to? Perhaps you could initiate some discussions or provide useful responses to discussion threads.

Look for someone you’d like to emulate on Linked In and follow them to see how often they interact and what they do to attract followers.

Remember to stay on brand for your Company. Linked In is really chatty, and seems to share updates every time you breathe.

All the best with this goal. I will be really interested to see how you go. We are just starting to look at creating a business profile. I currently use Linked In for my personal brand rather than my partner’s business. Keep us posted. :-)

Sasha3232
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 166451 wrote:
    Hi Sasha,

That sounds like a worthy project.

One thing you might like to do is link you LinkedIn account to your forum profile.

You can do that in Control panel (accessed from the grey bar above the forum) – just choose Edit Your Details from the menu on the left, and when you’re adding your LinkedIn URL, make sure you don’t include the http://

Good luck – let us know how you get on :)
    Jayne

Thanks Jayne – I think I have already done this with my personal LinkedIn profile, but I was aiming to increase my business’ followers. I will keep you posted.

Sasha3232
    Up

Hi Kathy,

are you interacting on Linked In on behalf of your company? Yep, sure am. I post about once or twice a week, usually a new blogpost. I also post regularly as myself.

What groups would your company post to? Perhaps you could initiate some discussions or provide useful responses to discussion threads. Yes I do this a bit – although generally as myself. I’ve just discovered today that you can now post as your company in groups and when commenting (this appears to be a brand new feature)

Look for someone you’d like to emulate on Linked In and follow them to see how often they interact and what they do to attract followers. Good idea

Remember to stay on brand for your Company. Linked In is really chatty, and seems to share updates every time you breathe. check!

All the best with this goal. I will be really interested to see how you go. We are just starting to look at creating a business profile. I currently use Linked In for my personal brand rather than my partner’s business. I use it for both. I get plenty of connections happening but no company follower action :)

Will keep you posted!

Sasha3232
    Up

I just stumbled on this article. http://www.blogstar.co.uk/is-linkedin-a-serious-content-destination/
    This post indicates to me that content is a key part of company growth on Linked In. I kind of already suspected that. What I am puzzled about it is how to encourage people to follow my company page. It’s not like Facebook where you can invite and share with your friends! Is it just all about organic growth and being patient? Have any of the social media marketers had any experience with this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.