Home Forums New here? Share your story Finding a Business Partner

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    philsimi
    • Total posts: 2

Hello, everyone, this is my first post having found myself here due to my search for Business Partner Talent. I have several products that I am looking to produce and market throughout Australia as well as globally. Though never having brought a new product online before and marketing etc, I am hoping to find a business partner, leveraging their experience to iron out a few of the hurdles and pitfalls in doing this, can this forum provide me recommendations in this venture. I am Australian with an Australian company, having my products produced in China for the Australian and global market.

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,526

Welcome to the forums [USER=120781]@philsimi[/USER]!

My advice is to try and be clear about what you need from a business partner. Funding? Experience in your sector? Someone to do the legwork?

Also consider whether you really need a business partner. It’s notoriously hard to find one whose goals/values/availability/interests match with your own. For example do you need a biz partner with marketing experience or do you just need one good distributor for your products? Do you need a full-time partner or just a few consults to figure out a plan?

Best of luck!
    Dave

philsimi

I have improved a safety issue in mining with an innovation to digital radio’s, unfortunately my skills are in mining ,not technology, so I believe the business would be more credible to be partnered by someone already in this space. Business partners and venture capitalists are not easily accessible in Australia.

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,127

Please give details of what you are looking for eg, experience, capital, contacts etc, etc.

As well, a profile about you and why you think you will be successful in this space will help.

Cheers
    Paul

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,526
    philsimi, post: 271939, member: 120781 wrote:
    I have improved a safety issue in mining with an innovation to digital radio’s, unfortunately my skills are in mining ,not technology, so I believe the business would be more credible to be partnered by someone already in this space. Business partners and venture capitalists are not easily accessible in Australia.

Fair enough. If it’s technology-centred, then yes it’s likely a good idea to bring on a technology co-founder. Do you need someone in software or hardware/manufacturing?

Likely plenty of people out there, you’ll just need to convince them this is a good opportunity based on your knowledge in the mining sector.

Dave

admin@privateit.com.au
    Participant

Hello.

In regards to the technology backend of your company what are you looking for?

I am an I.T professional and run a few different services such as domain name registration and web hosting.

My background is in network and server technology however I can also provide hardware and software programming down to the component level.

If you are looking to develop your business internal technologies I can help you with most of that as I am always looking to take on new opportunities and interesting projects.

Do you mind sending me over what you have so I can take a look.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.