Home – New Forums Logistics Finding a good Computer Reseller!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    M_C_S
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    I’m a PC Tech and while my business is slowly building up, (my main revenue stream is onsite PC repairs) I’m looking into selling Laptops and desktops as a side stream to supplement my income. On a good week I can easily pass $500 turn over with very little costs involved.

So far I order parts and such from Amicroe Australia and Anyware. Trouble is neither sell desktops, laptops, monitors, printers and such.
    Trouble is there is heaps of place who do sell only to resellers but some stock some stuff and not others so on! What I’m looking for as much as possible is a one stop shop to supply most of my needs.

Anyone have experience with some of these wholesale people?

Thanks in advance!

Martin Shelton

Owner/Operator

Martin’s Computer Service

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

Hi Martin,

my hardware sales are very much a sideline. I take an opportunity where I can, but most of my revenue comes from services.

that said, I’ve got accounts with the following providers. None of them offer everything I want – it’s just the way of it.

– Dicker Data
    – Express Online (Although Dicker Data just purchased them)
    – Avnet
    – MMT (Multimedia Tech)

none of them have specific revenue targets to entry.

What I do find though, is that quite often on small parts, mgabuy and some of the oher large drop-shippers actually sell things at only a few cents on what I can actually buy it for.

MMT in particular will let you look at their catalogue without requiring a signin, however you can’t see prices. (http://www.mmt.com.au)

avnet, dickerdata and expressonline all require signins.

nothing wrong with having multiple distributor partners. THere’s been instances where I’ve checked against all of them to find out who has a particular product the cheapest.

Other differences:
    Expressonline charge for shipping.
    DickerData only charge for shipping if invoice is <300 exgst.
    mmt charge for shipping
    avnet I’ve only used for software thus far.

hope this helps – feel free to drop me a line

M_C_S
    Up

Thanks for the reply, the last place I worked for had multiply supplies, I looked in to Synnex but the have monthly targets. MMT I’ve used before, there not bad.

My issue is multiply suppliers require a bit more work to manage.

Do you know anything about Compuword or Wholesale IT Australia?

Martin

M_C_S
    Up

Ebay seems to be the way to go for things like Laptop screens and such!

TehCamel
    Up
    M_C_S, post: 183934 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, the last place I worked for had multiply supplies, I looked in to Synnex but the have monthly targets. MMT I’ve used before, there not bad.

My issue is multiply suppliers require a bit more work to manage.

Do you know anything about Compuword or Wholesale IT Australia?

Martin

no – i haven’t heard of those two. wholesaleit australia is just Megabuy though.
    I thought their site looked familiar – then i checked the address, thought the address looked familiar, so I checked MB – yep, same company.
    not that that matters, if the wholesale arm gives you cheaper prices.

I don’t really find it difficult to manage, but then as I said – my turnover on equipment probably isn’t the same as yours

TehCamel
    Up

although this from their reseller application form DOES concern me:

Quote:
    Except specifically expressed, all prices quoted or that have appeared in our price list are exclusive of any tax, import, duty or other
    levies. Wholesale IT reserves the right at any time between the time of quotation and / or order and the date of delivery of the goods or
    provision of services to make any reasonable adjustment to prices. All prices in the price list are subject to change without notice and
    without recourse to Wholesale IT. All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars.

“between the time of order and date of delivery, make reasonable adjustments

so they are saying, if I order something for $110 and pay for it on cash account, if between the time I order/pay for it and it’s delivered, it goes up to $200, then they could charge me the difference ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.