Home – New Forums Money matters Finding a lending partner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Excellence Solar
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Okay,

So my business sells high ticket items.. prices start at 4 figures on a residential job, and can go up a lot higher for commercial clients – more money than most people have just sitting in their wallet.

It’s also quite possible to fund one of our solar packages through borrowing, and then be dealing with a loan repayment that’s either less or equivalent to the cost of buying electricity off the grid.

This combination of factors makes borrowing to go solar very attractive. Instead of facing electricity prices that go up by 13% a year and then having nothing to show for it at the end, the customer is able to lock their costs in at a lower level which will eventually be paid off completely – and as a nice little bonus, they will have improved the value of their home or their business premises as well.

At the moment, our customers are taking their quotes to the bank to organise finance themselves. This works well enough, but we’d also like to be able to organise it for the customer as well, for those who want us to just deal with everything. We pride ourselves as a “full service” company – we take care of everything for the customer to make it as easy and painless for them as possible. Being able to set up the finance for them is the next logical step.

So now I’m trying to find a lending partner, and I’m a bit stuck because I’ve never done anything like this before and I have no idea how to go about it.

We have two priorities with this:

1) Somebody who can offer our customers a good deal. the main point of buying one of these systems is that it improves your financial situation, so pushing customers to borrow on bad terms doesn’t make a lot of sense.

2) The easiest and fastest process responsibly possible. We’d like to take the customer from saying yes to the system to being approved for a loan as painlessly as we can, so that we can get on with installing the damn thing.

Has anybody dealt with something like this before? Any advice? We’re based in Victoria if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

James

Sophie Andrews
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi James

I have a contact who has a business which organises loans to businesses for equipment – he may be worth talking to – let me know and I will ask him. He is based in Sydney but don’t think that would matter necessarily.

Sophie

Excellence Solar
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Yes, that would be great.

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

Hi Excellance Solar,

I can refer you to someone who is very good at what they do and likely to be able to set up a referal relationship with you. If you are interested please email me [email protected]

Cheers

Sophie Andrews
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    Excellence Solar, post: 155930 wrote:
    Yes, that would be great.

No problem – his name is Mark Creighton and his email is [email protected].

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.