Home – New Forums Starting your journey Finding a mentor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lizzy_Lou
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

I have noticed lately that there seems to be a lot of people that wouldn’t be where they are today with some form of a mentor.

As I am just starting out my career in the bookkeeping field, working towards becoming an accountant I can see that while I have the book knowledge I still need the practical hands on experience that you can only get by working with someone.

I would love to be able to help someone grown their business while getting valuable knowledge at the same time so my question is, how did you find your mentor?

Regards,
    Liz

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Great question Elisabeth and I look forward to the replies.

Cheers

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

[USER=5318]@JamesMillar[/USER] – sorry to dob you in on the thread :)

Lizzy_Lou – I know James (partner at 360 Partners, accountancy & taxation firm in Melbourne) is great to work with and when opportunities are available is really supportive of others entering the field. I’m not dobbing James in to be a mentor – as I know he’s quite busy – but, may have some tips?

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Lizzy_Lou,

There are a few good articles on this site – simply search ‘mentor’ in the top right.

This one is a useful overview: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/working-smarter/professional-development/how-to-make-the-most-of-a-business-mentor and I liked this one too: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/marketing/find-a-mentor?fref=gc&dti=1898187723783456

Good luck on your search!

Sam

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

There was also a recent post about this in the Flying Solo Facebook group that you might want to check out. Alot of good conversations about how to get one.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up
    Byron Trzeciak, post: 251414, member: 56118 wrote:
    There was also a recent post about this in the Flying Solo Facebook group that you might want to check out. Alot of good conversations about how to get one.

I agree, Byron, although it’s important to note the FS Facebook group is for paying members only ;)

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up
    sam_leader, post: 251422, member: 3 wrote:
    I agree, Byron, although it’s important to note the FS Facebook group is for paying members only ;)

I’m the ultimate sales funnel wingman ;-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.