Home Forums Logistics Finding a reputable Sourcing Company, for the second time around…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    purposebuiltmoto
    • Total posts: 4

Hi All,

Its been a while, but Flying Soloists have always been a great help in the past.

I’ve been running an E-commerce business for the last 5 years, I feel I’m really hitting my stride in terms of marketing, and have some great product designs that sell well (all my own proprietary products).
    https://purposebuiltmoto.com/

After the first 2 Years I partnered with a sourcing company for project management, QC, sourcing etc. With the promise they would lower my costs and make my life easier in terms of lead times, and direct contact with my factories. Another few years down the track, my volume has gone up, so have my prices and I’m still putting out fires that I don’t think I should be.

I have been on the front foot with detail heavy documentation on machining, assembly, packing and trouble areas to watch out for. This has all just resulted in minor improvements and its just causing me headaches even on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time around with the same company and products.

My products are CNC machined, LED lighting and electronics for motorcycles.

My 2 questions are:
    1. How much should I be expecting to pay for a sourcing company/project manager per hour?
    2. Are their any Australian Based business with people on the ground in Shenzen that would have the management and engineering capability to help me sharpen up when it comes to manufacturing in china?

Appreciate any details and leads on a potential partner that can help me grow :-)
    Tom

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,125

Hi Tom,

I feel your pain.

Covid 19 makes your problem difficult to deal with because ideally, you would go to China to see with your own eyes, what is happening.

I can’t help with the first question.

I have a friend with a product that is made from plastic extrusion. On the face of things, it looks like a very simple product with maybe 3 or four moving parts.

However, moving outside of tolerance by a mm can be disastrous.

So he goes to China regularly to see the process with his own eyes, check the quality and make adjustments. In the case of adjustments, off quality pieces go in the bin on his orders instead of getting packed for shipping.

This, is perhaps what you need your Agent to do – oversee the production process regularly to ensure quality.

So finding an Agent with technical know how is my recommendation.

Good luck.

purposebuiltmoto
    • Total posts: 4

Thanks Paul,

And yes I agree, having a partner that understands to product is paramount.
    I have visited my factories previously, but simply cant afford to go for a trip over there whenever I’m manufacturing.

I guess thats why I got the company on the ground on board, to limit the need for that. I’m sure someone here has had similar experiences.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.