Home – New Forums Starting your journey Finding a tax agent to supervise me .

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sam2014
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

I have an accounting degree and i am thinking to establish accounting company (bookkeeping, payroll and tax return ). I would like to be Bas and Tax agent, but for the tax agent license it needs one year experience which i don’t meet , so i am thinking to work under a tax agent supervision , i can prepare everything for tax return and tax agent to lodge it with the ATO for a fee .
    so i don;t know how find a tax agent to supervise me for one year !,any ideas will be appreciated .

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Sam,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

I’m not able to help you out, but are you looking to work FOR someone to get your 1 year experience? Or something different?

Good luck!

Dave

sam2014
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for you reply, i am not looking to work for someone to get 1 year experience, however i need an advice on how to find a registered tax agent to partner and supervisor me until i meet the working experience required to be a tax agent !.
    Thanks

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

hi sam,

I’m curious. I understand what you’re hoping to achieve here, what the benefit would be to you.

However, what would be the benefit to the already-certified agent?

Happy2010
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi Sam

The easiest way to gain experience, after all that’s what the requirements are really asking for, is to work for someone, under their agency & insurance.

The experience you will gain is invaluable.

I’m not sure any agents would be happy to sign you off unless they had directly supervised you.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.