Home – New Forums Starting your journey Finding overseas sewing contractors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SoftlayWrap
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone!

My business partner and I have just started a business from scratch in the last couple of weeks and are finding it hard to find time to sew our complex design as we both have small babies, so I’m writing to ask for some advice on how to find good overseas sewing contractors. Where do we find good sewing contractors? Do they charge per hour or per item? How much do they cost? Do they usually have a minimum requirement? How do we arrange to get material to them? Do we buy the material in bulk in their own country and send it to their workshop? We would like to at least be able to set a goal to go through sewing contractors.

Thank you!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi SoftlayWrap,

Dealing with OS can get complicated at times and will take some time to setup. You could try someone local to cut your teeth on outsourcing before trying to go OS. At least then you will have the time to really focus on the job at hand.

You could try these guys in melbourne.

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi SoftlayWrap,

Good on you and your business partner for kicking things off, despite the fact you’ve both got babies to look after.

Similar questions have come up before, so you might like to take a read through of these threads:
    Small business children’s/babies’ clothing label
    Need help finding wholesalers

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

SoftlayWrap
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thank you! Yes Steve I think we may have to go local to start with, even if it’s just one other person to help us with one aspect of making our design such as cutting and pinning or helping us with the first stage of sewing parts of the design, anything to help us get just a few more a day finished. So baby steps for now and then set up OS when things really get rolling. Our product has A LOT of interest and we’re both doing what we can at home.

Thank you FS Concierge, one of the comments has a link to a wholesale site which will give us more information about going OS for our needs, this will help us in making a decision with when would be a good time to take the next step.

sachin
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    SoftlayWrap, post: 129146 wrote:
    Hello everyone!

My business partner and I have just started a business from scratch in the last couple of weeks and are finding it hard to find time to sew our complex design as we both have small babies, so I’m writing to ask for some advice on how to find good overseas sewing contractors. Where do we find good sewing contractors? Do they charge per hour or per item? How much do they cost? Do they usually have a minimum requirement? How do we arrange to get material to them? Do we buy the material in bulk in their own country and send it to their workshop? We would like to at least be able to set a goal to go through sewing contractors.

Thank you!

Hi

I am planning to go back to India by Sept end & going to stay there for few years. i have small business in india where we make & supply Safety wear. I hire sewing jobs on contract basis & some time hir staff for bigger orders.
    Let me know if you think I can help you in your job. I know this indutry in India & can get such work done.
    let me know if it interests you.
    cheers
    sachin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.