Home – New Forums Starting your journey Finding stockists for clothing brand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GSTSV
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I run a small clothing brand out of Townsville QLD – selling funny/parody T-shirts aimed at the 16-25 demographic – We’re stocked in a couple of shops locally, and we also sell online. We’ve been growing pretty well and have been making good sales, and are now at the point where we’re looking to expand into retail shops in other cities – the problem is I’m not quite sure how to go about approaching these businesses, or even finding them. Our local stockists were all found through mutual friends so it was very easy to start the dialogue and get things going.

So, two things:

1. Any advice on how to find independent/smaller shops in other cities? Is there lists of this sort of thing? I’m struggling to see how we can find these without spending some time wandering around another city.

2. How should we approach any potential retailers? I’ve considered sending an email with some of our products and some retail & online sales figures. Then, if they were interested, we’d go from there and let them know our terms etc. Does this sound right?

Thanks!

Beaux Bayou
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi There!

Your proposed email sounds exactly the way to go.
    Be prepared to post a sample once you’ve established some good dialogue so they can feel and see the quality of your items.
    I’ve found that most stores will sign on for a certain amount of product, usually a set quantity of your best sellers to see how the sales go, before signing on for larger quantities.
    This generally has nothing to do with how they feel about your items, it’s more to see how your items gel with their customers and target audience.

Best of luck, let us all know how you go!
    Cheers, Vanessa

Encahntme
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    GSTSV, post: 244727, member: 76585 wrote:
    Hi All,

I run a small clothing brand out of Townsville QLD – selling funny/parody T-shirts aimed at the 16-25 demographic – We’re stocked in a couple of shops locally, and we also sell online. We’ve been growing pretty well and have been making good sales, and are now at the point where we’re looking to expand into retail shops in other cities – the problem is I’m not quite sure how to go about approaching these businesses, or even finding them. Our local stockists were all found through mutual friends so it was very easy to start the dialogue and get things going.

So, two things:

1. Any advice on how to find independent/smaller shops in other cities? Is there lists of this sort of thing? I’m struggling to see how we can find these without spending some time wandering around another city.

2. How should we approach any potential retailers? I’ve considered sending an email with some of our products and some retail & online sales figures. Then, if they were interested, we’d go from there and let them know our terms etc. Does this sound right?

Thanks!

Hey,

I am very interested. Could you please send me an email with a price list and some photos of your different styles etc.

I have been looking at stocking this type of stuff.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.