Home – New Forums Tell me straight… First ever web biz live in 1 week

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    thenoduleshoco
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

hey there

As the title says I’m going live with my first ever web biz in 1 week after spending 2months to get images done to picking a theme and a freelancer .

I used 99 designs for my logo and hired a content writer
    My target market is for everyday australian woman ages 36-60+
    The shoes are extremely comfortable and are literally the most comfortable shoes according to current clients .
    i have a retail outlet turning over 40 pairs a day but this is the first venture online :)
    I have tried to implement what i have learned with marketing and conversions
    using guarantees , free shipping , 30 day refunds, strategic CTA etc

i have not finished content review or all the images uploaded and description of product

ANY CRITICISM, FEEDBACK , HELP ADVICE WELCOME

http://dev4.technoexponent.net/jollyany/

Thanks

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome aboard and congrats on your success so far! Your website looks to be on the right track.

I’d like to see a simpler menu like Home, Shoes, FAQ, Contact.

The sign up/sign in options don’t make sense yet because it’s not clear why anyone should.

Keep us posted!

Dave

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Funny I was listening to the ABC on Friday and the guest said the most popular online sale at the moment is shoes. Not sure where the numbers came from (or if correct), but that was the statement made.
    So if that is correct you have picked a good market.

• At the top of the page it says free shipping over $45, but when you click into it says free shipping over $50.00 ???
    • There are spelling errors on your free shipping page.
    • That is one of the longest paragraphs in the world on your free shipping page. Make it simple, people don’t want to read a novel to work out what you are offering.
    • “”We sell comfort and we ship it for free””, is false if you don’t offer free shipping on all orders, which if your free shipping kicks in at $50.00 isn’t true. If it is true, just state free shipping on all orders and get rid of the novel.
    • Your 100% guarantee… Is not really a satisfaction guarantee, rather a big (huge sentence), sales pitch. Its not a guarantee of satisfaction, it is just saying why the shoes are good. What will you do if I am not satisfied, I cant find it on this page, or did I just run out of steam reading your blurb.
    • Ok your second order will be $40, so you just breached your statement “”we sell comfort and we ship for free””, as under you shipping policy it is only free under $45 or $50.
    • Contact page. just a map which doesn’t equate to the address given. Postcode is wrong. Oh the map actually says you are in my house. I think its picking up my GPS settings
    • You are not responsible for damage in shipping. I know its not your fault, but isn’t it up to you to ensure the products are packed correctly, and if damage its your contract with the shipping company to get compensation.
    • returns policy, make it clearer
    • About Me – Another sales pitch, nothing about Me, oh I mean about you
    • Oh and your business name is spelt wrong on terms and conditions page.
    thenoduleshoco
    Up

wow thanks to the both of you above .

Yes the content is extremely long atm and not edited at all , i basically uploaded all the content to edit at another time .

i am going to make another banner explaining the benefits to signing up via email for free to participate in monthly newsletters containing regular fashion tips ,updates on our shoes , regular discounts and the ability to buy more and save .

i am still talking with the free lancer to get my head round the idea of free shipping at $45 but allowing the “buy more &save ” to receive free shipping on both orders , I just don’t know how to configure so the checkout computes the second ortdder

Does my layout look ok ?
    CTA and content on home page etc look ok ?
    Am i selling the benefits at all ?
    does the products look like good value ?

the next stage is now editing and cleaning up the content to make it a simpler read

thanks again extremely frustrating at time but i have learned soooo much already

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

Your home page needs less BS, and more products. People will leave your website in under 2 seconds if they don’t see what they came for.

Your website will sell five times more if your homepage is http://dev4.technoexponent.net/jollyany/shop/

Your homepage should be 80% the page above, and 20% the sales spiels you currently use on the home page.

In my opinion your website would be

• Slider with picture of nodule shoe (2nd slide of homepage) with 2 sentences in the slider image explaining/selling the product
    • 20 or so products
    • Footer

You probably have developed a lot of material for your website, and it feels good to get it online and visible. But your website needs to make your visitors happy, not you. Pare it down, and give focus to the products.

thenoduleshoco
    Up

Martin that is a great reply and thank you soo much

I completely agree with you and that all makes total sense after going back over the home page .I really need to clean the home page up and tighten up the objective of sales .

in your opinion should i cut the icons and add a few rows of the shoes like the link you posted ?

thenoduleshoco
    Up
    FS Forum Support, post: 222680, member: 49676 wrote:
    Hi there,

Welcome aboard and congrats on your success so far! Your website looks to be on the right track.

I’d like to see a simpler menu like Home, Shoes, FAQ, Contact.

The sign up/sign in options don’t make sense yet because it’s not clear why anyone should.

Keep us posted!

Hi Dave

Thanks for your great feedback and i totally agree about the menu.

I have added a banner to show visitors why they should sign up , promotions, discounts etc
    DO you think that is enough or should i still cull the signup menu

thanks mate

Dave

tadere
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

the CTAs in the slider are all over the place. i really don’t see the need for them. they just look weird :-/

thenoduleshoco
    Up
    tadere, post: 222811, member: 64779 wrote:
    the CTAs in the slider are all over the place. i really don’t see the need for them. they just look weird :-/

So I should drop the slider CTA and just keep what i have ?

What is your opinion on the icons on home page ? are they relevant or just taking up room ?

tadere
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

personally i’d prefer a simpler slider. as is, there is way too much going on. left, right, up, down and all over the place.
    on the question of CTAs on the slider, i’d just get rid of them.

i don’t mind the rest. as others have suggested, i’d be looking to make the ‘shop’ the home page.

thenoduleshoco
    Up

thanks that makes heaps of sense and I totally agree with there is heaps of stuff going on .

So by saying have the shop as the home page , do you mean incorporate the shop into the homepage .

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

I like what you have done.
    Its educating me just enough to lure me into looking for more.

The thing I picked up is that there is no encryption when collecting new account details or contact us forms. This may be because you are still on a dev site.
    If so make sure its not missed when you go live.

thenoduleshoco
    Up

Gizmo

Thank you for such a positive reply it definitely raises my confidence and is a great feeling to know that i am on the right track
    thanks again !!

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Hello,

I may be missing something, but I can’t find a way to select a shoe size.

On this page I can filter by size
    http://dev4.technoexponent.net/jollyany/shop/

On this page I can’t select the size I want
    http://dev4.technoexponent.net/jollyany/product/flower/

Sorry if I’m missing something obvious, good luck with it all

John

thenoduleshoco
    Up

http://dev4.technoexponent.net/jollyany/

Hey people there is the latest link with the new edits , i have tried to incorporate the advice that resonated well with me .

I think by moving the “shop” onto the home page has made a massive difference so thanks to Martin for that advice !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.