Home – New Forums Starting your journey First official operating day!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mat
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    ::

Well after 5months of preperation and planning I have finally launched my computer repairs/upgrades/maintenance business. Website is complete and seems to be working fine so far >fingers crossed<. Now to initiate my marketing 101 strategy and hope that I can provide some solutions for customers. Such a nervous time ahead but I am over the moon.

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

Congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly and business starts booming!

Karen Wardle
    • Total posts: 363
    Up

Hi Mat

Good on you!

Where are you located?

pamperface
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Mat, post: 25802 wrote:
    Well after 5months of preperation and planning I have finally launched my computer repairs/upgrades/maintenance business. Website is complete and seems to be working fine so far >fingers crossed<. Now to initiate my marketing 101 strategy and hope that I can provide some solutions for customers. Such a nervous time ahead but I am over the moon. Congratulations and good luck. Isn’t it amazing how something can be exhilerating and terrifying all at the same time… Cheers
    Pamperface
    Mat
    Participant
    Up

thank you for your kind wishes everyone.

@Karen
    we are located in Rowville VIC, at the moment though I am at Bundoora Uni so pretty much anywhere within about 30mins from these places (which is a pretty big area)

@Pamperface
    Very very amazing, I cant believe the time is here but its great!!

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

God on your for starting the business Mat. You’re not too far away from me actually (i’m in Ringwood).

Hope it all goes well and be sure to post how its going and what challenges you are facing.

SteveDavidson
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

At uni? Hey, free advertising on the physical faculty corkboards! I wonder if the business and arts department students might be a good source…

Mat
    Participant
    Up
    mike@engagemarketing, post: 25980 wrote:
    God on your for starting the business Mat. You’re not too far away from me actually (i’m in Ringwood).

Hope it all goes well and be sure to post how its going and what challenges you are facing.

I will be sure to post them up as no doubt I will be requiring assistance…

SteveDavidson, post: 25988 wrote:
    At uni? Hey, free advertising on the physical faculty corkboards! I wonder if the business and arts department students might be a good source…

Thats a great idea, I will be sure to do it when im there next week.

silkinteriors
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Congrats! I’m launching our online store on Monday.

Love your business name :)

Sandra

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Goes to show your not just a pretty face, Congratulations for taking the first step of the rest of your life. It is going to be interesting and exciting frustration and annoying but you are going to love every minute and you will look back in old age and say ” I DID IT MY WAY”

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

Good luck Mat,

I love the way you have sold the collect and return concept. All the benefits of someone coming to your house but none of the waiting around. That would do it for me.

All the best

Mat
    Participant
    Up
    Steve_Minshall, post: 26048 wrote:
    I love the way you have sold the collect and return concept. All the benefits of someone coming to your house but none of the waiting around. That would do it for me.

Thanks Steve, great to get some feedback on it. There is still some work to be done on re wording things and trying to really push the offsite services as I think it works out great for everyone, cheaper for customer and generally more flexibility. For small businesses we can also do it after trading hours and have it returned before next business hours.

Thanks Burgo, and at 22 so much time to be doing it “my own way”.

Sandra, thanks for the feedback, the business name just kinda happened, let us all know when your site is up and running I would love to see it.

kenmac
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

That’s great Mat – well done. I well remember when I first started my own business working from home. My first client was the shop where I purchased my computer so you never know where your clients will come from. Just make sure you tell everyone you meet what you do and keep business cards on you at all times.

akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

Hi Matt

Congrats on new business venture, you website looks great.

I have found if your target market are personal customers, car branding is the way to go. why not go all out and get pricing for a full wrap of your car the same why have done, yoy just cannot forget missed them and great if you plan to just keep with 30min travel radius car parked with advertising

Mat
    Participant
    Up
    kenmac, post: 26215 wrote:
    That’s great Mat – well done. I well remember when I first started my own business working from home. My first client was the shop where I purchased my computer so you never know where your clients will come from. Just make sure you tell everyone you meet what you do and keep business cards on you at all times.

akagrp, post: 26235 wrote:
    Hi Matt

Congrats on new business venture, you website looks great.

I have found if your target market are personal customers, car branding is the way to go. why not go all out and get pricing for a full wrap of your car the same why have done, yoy just cannot forget missed them and great if you plan to just keep with 30min travel radius car parked with advertising

This is why I love this forum, pearls of wisdom everywhere you turn, thanks very much both akagrp and kenmac.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.