Home – New Forums Marketing mastery First or third person and new site review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Layla
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I recently had the design of my website revamped and would love feedback: http://www.conciergeconnections.com.au

Also, I am thinking of rewriting it in the first person and wondered what people thought the pros of cons of each method are, and which would be best for me?

Thanks,

Layla.

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up

I think the design is pretty good. It’s a fairly popular style at the moment although, to be honest, I’m not a fan of those kinds of templates… I tend to think they take away from the most important part of the site: the content (since you don’t have room for much). Although, considering your business having pictures is definitely a good idea to set the mood.

I did discover an issue on the front page:

Quote:
    You could use a travel agent, but then you’d just be a number and can Fortunately

Writing in the first-person seems to do wonders in my experience so it’s definitely worth a try. Perhaps run a couple of different copies and test the difference?

Two suggestions:

1. Maybe move the “request a quote” section up to beneath the content on the first page. It should still be visible as people are scrolling down but you want it in a prominent place rather than slightly blending in as it does (for me, at least).

2. Add much more content to the site.

Just my opinions – don’t shoot :D

Localmedia
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Layla,

I think overall your site design is fine. A couple of marketing strategy points you might want to think about.

Have you hit the emotional triggers?
    How do you fascinate your target market?
    Who are your target markets? Corporate execs, SME business owners???
    What keywords are your targeting? I couldn’t find anything really relevant to a specific market.
    Videos-put yourself in them. They are buying you as the concierge so it would be great to hear you talk directly to them on the main problems people have trying to do it all themselves.
    Add yourself to Google Plus. It’s another good way to boost your profile and ranking if the videos and articles.

If you need any help just let me know.

Regards,
    Warren

Layla
    Up

Thanks Warren. There are some excellent things to think about here.

I am already on Google+, so I just added that to my site in the top right corner. I didn’t include it before, as I don’t really use it to be honest.

Do you know if there is a way I can link my Facebook posts to Google+, like I am already doing with Twitter?

Thanks again,

Layla.

Layla
    Up

Thanks Josh. I have amended the typo now.

Do you mean I should move the Request a Quote to above the 3 boxes (Australia Adventures etc)?

Thanks again,

Layla.

JoshG, post: 165124 wrote:
    I think the design is pretty good. It’s a fairly popular style at the moment although, to be honest, I’m not a fan of those kinds of templates… I tend to think they take away from the most important part of the site: the content (since you don’t have room for much). Although, considering your business having pictures is definitely a good idea to set the mood.

I did discover an issue on the front page:

Writing in the first-person seems to do wonders in my experience so it’s definitely worth a try. Perhaps run a couple of different copies and test the difference?

Two suggestions:

1. Maybe move the “request a quote” section up to beneath the content on the first page. It should still be visible as people are scrolling down but you want it in a prominent place rather than slightly blending in as it does (for me, at least).

2. Add much more content to the site.

Just my opinions – don’t shoot :D

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

Layla here are a few thoughts:

• you absolutely must ditch the auto scrolling slider. These are horrible. For some reason they were the trend about 3 years ago I have no idea why. They have been proven to reduce conversions. They annoy people and they don’t achieve anything. I was half way through reading what your business is about and I was cut off and something else flashed in front of my face with no ability to get back to what I was reading. It actually happened to me a few times. This is a very bad experience for a potential customer just remove it.
    • Generally I think the design is nice
    • I think you need to get to the core of your offering quicker. Who it’s for, how you are different and what problems you solve (and in what unique ways). Your paragraphs talk about travel then onto personal, social, legal moral ethical etc. That’s not the place for all of that. The copy should be selling the service to whoever you are targeting.
    • The testimonials are low quality images and hard to read. Look at a few startup sites to see how they do it, there are nicer ways to do these. Also ditch the slider. Just put more of them on the page at once. Don’t just say people’s names, say who they are – i.e. who you are targeting, are they busy executives? Make your potential customers feel like people like them are loving your service.
    • No one wants to join your mailing list. They don’t know who you are, what emails you send, what benefit is in it for them. If you want this page to generate email optins then offer an incentive with a benefit-filled headline to entice people to sign up.
    • I would do all of that footer stuff (about, quick links etc) in a different colour so it’s clearly separate from the main part of the page.
    • I wouldn’t have 2 call to action buttons side by side when they are more or less the same thing. BTW the ‘request a quote’ button doesn’t work it just refreshes the page.

Hope that helps sorry I’m rushing.

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi Layla
    Overall it’s not a bad looking site, but there are a few things I would change;

The phone number is way too small and it should be a land line number, perhaps even a 1300# – a mobile number on a website says you are very small and doesn’t look professional. Try http://telcoworx.com.au/

The social media buttons are in the most valuable area of the website – do you really want your hard earned visitors to wander off to FB or twitter etc?

I dont really know what a Lifestyle Manager or a personal concierge is, I could take a good guess, but it’s still just a guess – so I would change the headline to a benefit driven headline – one that tells the reader exactly how you solve their problems.

Hope this helps.

andybwallace
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Layla, I think for your case writing in the first person is a great idea as your clients are going to be dealing with you personally (i’m assuming).

The same idea I think applies to your stock image of the ‘assistant’. Your business is personal so having an image of who your clients will actually be dealing with (you) will build this idea of the personal touch (and the current assistant doesn’t look too excited about her job which definitely isn’t the right message).

Andy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.