Home – New Forums New here? Share your story First Post Alert – Do small businesses need quality copy?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Captain Tali
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’m new to this community so I thought I would write a quick post to introduce myself!
    My name is Tali and I work for a boutique copywriting agency. While we deal with high profile clients on a daily basis, we noticed that small businesses were missing out – too many of them displayed subpar content – so we launched Shuttle Rocket, an affordable copywriting solution for the little guys. I’m not entirely sure of the etiquette that should accompany a Flying Solo post; please feel free to reach out and let me know what you think of our idea and if you think it’s viable!

Hope to hear from you soon and have some great discussions!

-Captain Tali
    https://shuttlerocket.com.au/

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 44
    Up

Welcome. I think it’s a good idea to offer affordable copywriting to small business, there is a lot that need it. I know going to a website and seeing bad grammar or spelling mistakes doesn’t do much for my confidence in a business. For example I went to an accountant’s website and under services offered it had the words acurate accounting. It took me three goes just to let the spellchecker type that, so you have to wonder how accurate they really are.

I’m no pedant and don’t care about mistakes in forum posts, emails etc but a business’s website, blog posts, press releases are important. I tend to drop words from sentences like pronouns from informal communication, “can still be understood but wouldn’t put on a business’s website”.

Captain Tali
    Up

Totally agree with you on all of your points – errors in content can really detract from a site’s image so it’s important to have well written copy.
    Currently just trying to get our name out and see how people respond! Thanks for your reply :D

Cody
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

Hi Tali and welcome to the forums.

There is certainly a market out there for quality copy. It seems like you’ve nailed your target market and the website looks fantastic.

I look forward to hearing how you go with everything.

Cheers,

Cody

shart
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

Hi there!

I think that is a great idea. Business websites need to have proper writing in order to seem credible. People will start doubting their ability in their services too as a result.

Hope it goes well!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Tali,

The website looks good, the colours work well together and I especially like the rocket pencil.
    I have a question about one of your key points of being melbourne based, do you service other cities too?

Steve

Captain Tali
    Up

Hi Steve,

All of our writers are local, yes, but we can generate copy for those living outside of Victoria too :)

-Tali

Captain Tali
    Up

We think so too, thanks for your response!

Captain Tali
    Up
    Cody, post: 237599, member: 55612 wrote:
    Hi Tali and welcome to the forums.

There is certainly a market out there for quality copy. It seems like you’ve nailed your target market and the website looks fantastic.

I look forward to hearing how you go with everything.

Cheers,

Cody

Thanks Cody! We’ll keep you updated :D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.