Home – New Forums New here? Share your story First post! Hello

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dksparky
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hello

Shiny new member here!

I started my electrical apprenticeship once I’d finished high school in ’99, and have worked in the field ever since. Now 17 years later, I’m really ready to give it a red hot go and try to create a successful electrical business for myself, my family and those who would join me on the journey.

I’d primarily like to work on new homes or renovations, for commercial builders or owner builders, where the electrical work is more likely to be straightforward, clean and predictable, although not to say I don’t enjoy a good fault-finding challenge, or to help someone keep their old home and family safe from faulty wiring etc. I’m based in Northcote Vic and would travel to the outer suburbs/new estates.

As of yet I’ve no real advertising or online presence, but I do know few builders who have agreed to give me some of their work, and a few odd jobs here and there to keep me busy enough for a little while. I’m ready for more work and trade, so here goes…!

All the resources here at Flying Solo look very helpful, and I hope I can contribute where possible.

Cheers

Dallas;)

Rohan@TD
    • Total posts: 164
    Up

Welcome Dallas,

Target all of your builder mates and ask for referrals to other potential clients. Working your social and professional network are critical in the early stages.

Rohan

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you Dallas!

Good luck with the business!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.