Home – New Forums New here? Share your story First time in the forum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    EzyBizBookkeeping
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi all

My name is Steve Millward and I started my bookkeeping service nearly nine years ago.

I never really considered myself a follower of forums before, but when I stumbled upon this one today I felt compelled to join. This is the first time I have ever posted anything – anywhere.

Until the latter part of 2008 I was based in the Outer Western Suburbs of Sydney, then my family and I relocated to the Southern Highlands of NSW.

I have been trying to relocate my client base closer to where I am now living and I have had some success in gaining clients in the Wollongong area. However, my bread-and-butter work is still in Sydney, where I travel to 4 days a week.

I have found the posts that I have read in this short time very interesting and I look forward to many more.

Regards
    Steve

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Welcome to the forum Steve.
    The Southern Highlands what a beautiful part of the world, I have family down that way Fitzroy Falls and for a time they used to live in Bowral.
    There are quite a few tradies live in that area and tradies are tradies not bookkeepers so advertising in your local newspaper in the trades section may bring a few of these tradies knocking on your door.
    So good luck

EzyBizBookkeeping
    Up

Thanks Burgo

So far I haven’t gone down that road, but the trip to and from Sydney is starting to get a bit of a drag, so I may be looking into that and other options pretty soon. I have found most of my clients through word of mouth and I’m hoping that might do the trick again.

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Steve,

I’m thrilled to learn that stumbling over Flying Solo made such an impact! Thanks for letting us know :)

Patrick is right, you live in a stunning part of the world. Aside from cutting back on all that travel (ugh) and being able to spend more time with the family, I love the idea that your plan will allow you to become more involved in your local community. Every time I visit it feels like the locals have a really positive vibe. How awesome to be a part of that!

Good luck with making those changes in your business. Please do feel free to start a thread asking for advice if you’d like any ideas from the forum members.

Happy day to you.
    Jayne

EzyBizBookkeeping
    Up

Thanks Jayne

Having lived in cities all my life the move has been a breath of fresh air. The more time I am able to spend there the better it will be. I am looking forward to some very interesting posts in the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.