Home – New Forums Find the help you need Flash training

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    TDGDESIGN
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I need to learn Flash (I have CS3 on the Mac). Unfortunately, I don’t have time to take off 3 days to do a course.

I was hoping there might be some willing tutors out there who could give me a crash course (say a few hours a week).

I am in the north west of Sydney, so someone close would be desirable.

Otherwise, if anyone knows where I could do a course, say one evening a week, that would also be good.

Thanks!

exstatic
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hey Craig..

YOu may be able to find a few online tutorial sites that offer video courses or the like.. or maybe even a flash book for dummies (not calling you a dummy of course)

Otherwise… I am a flash guy from way back.. happy to do some remote tutoring if you like?

Will chat to you about it when we speak!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Flash use to come with some tutorials on the cd so have a look at them.

Learning the interface and how to animate in flash doesn’t take long, but the power of the program is in actionscript. Learning that is far harder if you’re not a code person.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

HI Craig, I have a subscription to http://www.lynda.com which is fabulous for all kinds of self training. It has a whole Flash section.

FYI the iPhone and iPad don’t view Flash at present, but I gather the pressure is mounting for a readable version soon. Currently websites with flash don’t show on my iPhone.

Best regards, Karen C.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

FYI iPhone and iPad are unlikely to ever support Flash. Jobs doesn’t like Flash, he thinks it’s unstable. They’ll hold out for HTML5/CSS3.

Past-Member
    Up

Chris – yes, it’s a problem. I was hoping that there might just be a ‘viewer’ in the pipeline.

I was thinking that if he was only learning Flash for certain websites, was it worth it if they don’t show on iPhones – and maybe just better waiting to learn HTML5/CSS3.

From a designer’s view, it’s hard to just look at coding when you are a visual person. I do it, but I have to have dual screens operating to see the visual at the same time. It just reminds me of my Compugraphic days prior to computers. :)

vxd
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Do you want to Learn Flash CS3 for animation, game development, Website Development?

Essential ActionScript 3 by Moock is an excellent book. It has helped me a lot and it’s great for referencing.

Lynda video training are also fantastic.

On Windows, I use FlashDevelop to code up the websites.
    I know you said Mac, but FlashDevelop is the best opensource software for ActionScripting.

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up
    TDGDESIGN, post: 28096 wrote:
    Hi All,

I need to learn Flash (I have CS3 on the Mac). Unfortunately, I don’t have time to take off 3 days to do a course.

I was hoping there might be some willing tutors out there who could give me a crash course (say a few hours a week).

I am in the north west of Sydney, so someone close would be desirable.

Otherwise, if anyone knows where I could do a course, say one evening a week, that would also be good.

Thanks!
    Hi Chris,

I have a brochure for Macquarie Community College/Business Training Centre on my desk. I have never used them so I can’t recommend but I see they are offering the following in Carlingford:

Flash Essentials.
    4 sessions Mon and Tuesday, March 15-March23
    6:30pm to 9:30pm
    $360

They also have 2 full saturdays, Mar13 & 20, $360

Regards

TDGDESIGN
    Up
    Steve_Minshall, post: 28153 wrote:
    Hi Chris,

I have a brochure for Macquarie Community College/Business Training Centre on my desk. I have never used them so I can’t recommend but I see they are offering the following in Carlingford:

Flash Essentials.
    4 sessions Mon and Tuesday, March 15-March23
    6:30pm to 9:30pm
    $360

They also have 2 full saturdays, Mar13 & 20, $360

Regards

Thanks Steve, I will probably do that course. I am doing Dreamweaver there at the moment. I need to learn flash to do animated ads in eNewspapers and eNewsletters. I am not to worried about ipods at this stage.

TDGDESIGN
    Up

Thanks to everyone for your replies. As usual you are all very helpful.
    I will look at the options you suggested.

Chromatix
    Participant
    • Total posts: 85
    Up

Just to Karen’s point, http://www.lynda.com truly is a thorough, informative and great resource for Flash and more

TDGDESIGN
    Up
    ChromatixIrwin, post: 28225 wrote:
    Just to Karen’s point, http://www.lynda.com truly is a thorough, informative and great resource for Flash and more

Thanks, I will have a look at it (Thanks Karen)

TDGDESIGN
    Up

http://www.lynda.com looks really good.

Thanks again Karen for the tip.

Past-Member
    Up

You are welcome (re http://www.lynda.com)

I have been a subscriber for about 3 or 4 years.
    I find it invaluable and I treat it as my self development fees for the year.

Sometimes it just takes a few minutes there to remind you what you already know or to find the answer to how to do something.

Well worth the investment.

All the best. K

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.