Home Forums Marketing mastery Flyers on Cars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DanniB
    • Total posts: 16

Hi All,

Random one…is it illegal to put flyers on cars in car-parks?!

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

As far as I am aware it is illegal to put flyers on cars.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026

It’s littering, only your litter generally has your contact details all over it, so there’s good chance you’ll get fined. It’s also very annoying.

SuzsSpace
    • Total posts: 692

If it’s a private carpark and you get permission from the owner then it’s fine. Anywhere else it’s definitely littering as previously said and a fine will be forthcoming as they have your contact details.

Are you finding it difficult to get your name out there?

DanniB
    • Total posts: 16

No, I actually saw someone doing it & thought isn’t wasn’t right & wanted to find out!

Work From Home Mum
    • Total posts: 4

Yes it is

itcentre
    • Total posts: 10

Damn, was considering it. :(

webbrowan
    • Total posts: 6

I don’t think there are any legal regulations specifically mentioning about putting flyers on cars. However, you should treat it as littering and there is indeed a law against that. Not every car owner has the initiative to throw away the flyers into the designated bins and they wouldn’t be the ones to be blamed but you would.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    webbrowan, post: 226793, member: 75404 wrote:
    I don’t think there are any legal regulations specifically mentioning about putting flyers on cars. However, you should treat it as littering and there is indeed a law against that. Not every car owner has the initiative to throw away the flyers into the designated bins and they wouldn’t be the ones to be blamed but you would.

I am not sure what state you are in, but if you were in Victoria you could be penalized under section 6B of the littering act.

6B. Unsolicited leaflets not to be placed on vehicles (1) A person must not deposit any advertising material in or on any vehicle. Penalty: 5 penalty units.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

According to NSW:

Littering offences under the POEO Act (1997)
    The littering offences are:

• littering (including littering from vehicles): depositing litter on land or waters in a public place or an open private place
    • aggravated littering: littering which is reasonably likely to cause or contribute to appreciable danger or harm to any persons, animals, premises or property
    • depositing, or causing someone to deposit, advertising material in a public place or open private place other than in a mail box or under a door; it is illegal to deposit advertising material on property gates or fences or in other inappropriate areas where it has the potential to become litter
    • depositing, or causing someone to deposit, advertising material on any vehicle, e.g. under car windscreen wipers.

I guess these littler laws would be the same anywhere in Australia. That is not as strict as most places in America where it is illegal to put flyers on cars even without litter acts.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

that’s 2 states down

Shane H
    • Total posts: 14
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.