Home – New Forums Starting your journey Food labelling – need business address?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TTime
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

So according to the Australian food labelling standards, you need to include the business’s physical address (not a PO box) on all food labels. Being new, we operate from home, and would really rather not have our home address on all our labels, for a number of reasons that should be fairly obvious!

So has anyone had experience in this area and knows what options there are for having different addresses?
    Such as:
    1) Are there any options for special dispensation for small businesses? (I have seen one product that had a PO Box)
    2) Does the address have to be be the registered business address?
    3) If you incorporate, can your accountant “host” your registered business address?

Thanks everyone for reading and in anticipation of your help!

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi TTime,

Welcome to the forums on behalf of the Flying Solo team!

That’s a great question and one I’m sure you’ll find help with here (I’ll keep and eye on replies and put a call out to our wider community if not).

In the meantime, you might like to head over to the newbies section and introduce yourself and your business. Would love to know a bit more about what you do!

See you around,

Jodie

TTime
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Thanks Jodie!

The Hobbit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 309
    Up

It’s possible that putting the street address without a house number would be acceptable. Might be worth checking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.