Home Forums Starting your journey Food Trailer Street Side Trading Cost

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MaxTl
    • Total posts: 10

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to start a part time food trailer business and would like to understand the rough upfront investment to run it. I was able to get all of the breakdown rough cost except the street side trading rental.
    Could anyone please kindly share some experience on that? I am in Melbourne by the way. Thanks

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

I cant help you with specific $ values, but I think you are going to have to contact your local council or councils, as if it is street side, they will be the ones issuing the permits, etc. A friend of mine did this a few years ago, and it varied by council, and type of site, give a couple a call for indicative pricing. She ended up getting into a local market which was a bit of a money pit as well.

eagleeye
    • Total posts: 31

The trailer obviously might be the most expensive part. Why don’t you start at the markets first? Or have you already done that?

MaxTl
    bb1, post: 271589, member: 53375 wrote:
    I cant help you with specific $ values, but I think you are going to have to contact your local council or councils, as if it is street side, they will be the ones issuing the permits, etc. A friend of mine did this a few years ago, and it varied by council, and type of site, give a couple a call for indicative pricing. She ended up getting into a local market which was a bit of a money pit as well.
    Thanks Bert, I will ring the local council to find it out.
    MaxTl
    eagleeye, post: 271590, member: 21966 wrote:
    The trailer obviously might be the most expensive part. Why don’t you start at the markets first? Or have you already done that?

Yeah, the trailer itself could cost around 15-20k. But sometimes the space rental could cost even more? I have a friend who is charged 600/week for parking space in a local market.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.