Home – New Forums Starting your journey Food vendor requirements?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #986305
    • Total posts: 1

    I want to start a small shop that sell vietnamese pork roll. As a food vendor, I understand that there are regulations that I must comply with regards to food safety standard, could someone point me in the right direction for this.
    As I understand it, commercial lease generally runs for 2-3 years, what if my business goes belly up after the first year? can the landlord sue me to pay the outstanding lease?
    The place i’m looking at is close to night life, do I need special license to operate into the early hrs in the morning? I’m in Sydney.
    Any other advice/info should I also be aware of?
    Thanks :)

    Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,566

    Hi there,

    Welcome to the forums! Sounds like an exciting year aheaed for you.:)

    With any luck we’ll have some experienced food people come by with some advice.


    Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97

    Hi Zoombie,
    Congratulations on starting out on your own! I would look at NSW Food Authority website, but at a minim you will need to register as a food business and get qualified as a Food Safety Supervisor ( or employ someone who is).

    What about a food van or temporary set up to start and test your idea? There are some exemptions under food safety legislation for these type of businesses

    Feel free to send me a private message if you want to chat further.

    Best of luck and have fun

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.