Home – New Forums Other discussions For a Dose of YAY, Post Here

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up
    ::

As per Wendy and Jayne and Allison’s behest AND from an idea I got from over on http://www.kindleboards.com (e-book author forum) where it is common and accepted and welcomed to Give One’s Own Horn a TOOT, I am starting a thread for Self-Kudos.

So, fellow soloist, what did YOU do today that gave you a solid small biz YAY?

• Did you land that big client you were flirting with?
    • Finish that giant project that caused you to miss NCIS last night?
    • Fire that buttmonkey of a client?

This thread is all about what brought you a victory today, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, and how you celebrated it.

So gimme the goods, what did you rock upon and what rockage did it bring you?

Jexley
    Up

I’ll start:

After deciding that SEO was fraught with bumf*ckery and that I was quitting, I chose the birth of my 4th child (beautiful little Andrew James Exley, “Drew”) to take leave of it all and re-invent my business.

A couple of months from now, Jex Analytics will be bringing Google Analytics Made Simple to soloists in a theatre near you.

I got many emails from clients that were mostly “Oh no! Can you just squeeze this project in?” or “congrats and all BUT WHO WILL LOOK AFTER US?!?!?!” These were mostly from people that were perpetrators of said asshockey that led me to leave SEO.

Then I got one from a lovely acupuncture gent in Brisbane, who took the time to tell me heartfelt congrats and even request pictures of my red and wrinkly bubs. He told me he’d miss working with me tremendously and while he regrets that his websites won’t get as good Googs Love in the future, he wishes me all the best.

THAT was a Big Yay for me. To celebrate, I’m going to continue working with that guy, probably until the internet dissolves. What a champion.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    Jexley, post: 74372 wrote:
    After deciding that SEO was fraught with bumf*ckery and that I was quitting, I chose the birth of my 4th child (beautiful little Andrew James Exley, “Drew”) to take leave of it all and re-invent my business.

Pleased to hear the little (??) fella arrived safely :)

Wendy

Jexley
    Up
    Couple It, post: 74375 wrote:
    Pleased to hear the little (??) fella arrived safely :)

He did! Though “little” IS an understatement, as at 55cm he’s in the 97th percentile on the scale of “Baby Awesome”.

He’s just finished lunch and is now farting on my lap as I type this 1-handed.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    Jexley, post: 74384 wrote:
    He’s just finished lunch and is now farting on my lap as I type this 1-handed.

ahhh….the apple doesn’t fall far…:D

Wendy

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Judd, congratulations! I’ve been wondering when Drew was due to make his appearance. We’d love to see a photo!

Congratulations on the re-launch of your business too. It figures the gent in question is an acupuncturist… he knows that being gracious and thankful is good for your qi!

And Judd, thank you for starting this thread, and for your enthusiasm and positivity about all things FS :)

Jayne

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    Jexley, post: 74372 wrote:
    until the internet dissolves 😮

Judd,
    A massive congrats on the baby and all :) but to go and drop a bombshell like “internet dissolution” without warning as if it’s not big deal is pretty heavy!! How long have we got? Will email still work? What about my Facebook friends? Please advise asap.
    Regs,
    Peter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.