Home – New Forums Tech talk For your life sake, please embrace a business system to run your business!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Logistics System Guy
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

To our dear forumites:

It does not matter how small or simple your operation is, you must adopt a business system to keep track of your business and, more importantly, preserve your sanity.

I can say that because I am a 20+ years veteran in the field of solution design and implementation around integrated CRM, ERP, WMS, POS platforms and serviced numerous enterprises that range from a single site 10-20 people operation to multinational that operates across all 5 continents with USD100M+ budget for a corporate wide solution.

The one thing I can say is that no matter what fantastic results a platform based solution is promising, it all comes down to the true owner of the business – the one who truly able to architect and make the business run – to bed down the processes and get the data right to allow the business to flow. And, guess what! The best time to get this practice in place is right at the beginning of your new venture.

It is no doubt that getting the sales is the most critical matter right at the start. But, in my opinion, a sales/service that can’t be delivered or delivered in a poor way is worst than not getting a sales! The keys to get your sales/promise to your customer delivered consistently is grounded on solid processes and supporting systems. Despite all the challenges an entrepreneur would face during the founding stage, I urge you to invest in process definition and applications/tools so that you shall reap the benefits in the long run along with all the other hard works you invested.

Furthermore, compare to the time when I first started in this business, with the availability of all these online solutions, it is almost no excuse for any self-respecting entrepreneur not to use even the simplest supporting/account system just to manage their accounts. Your accountants will thanks you much and should also give you a better service fee for the fact that you make his/her life easier.

I will be checking-in more frequently these days as I am embracing the professional life for being a free agent. I am sure that I can learn much through the interaction with the good people here and I could also share my 2 cents.

Gavin – Logistics System Guy

Guldur
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Gavin,

I totally agree with you.

I come from IT, so these things come easy to me. I can imagine that for many people systematizing things is pain in the ass. It seems like people don’t see the benefit of having systems. That systems are there to help us focus on different things.

Many people have a wrong attitude, thinking that technology should do EXACTLY what they want. But they overlook the fact that technology can do it, if they use it the way it was designed to.

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

Agree these days there are no excuses for not embracing the latest tech. Cloud POS systems for example are cheap and effective. Cloud accounting. Electronic document signing (we use docusign and paperless solutions and have replaced almost one entire administrator salary).

Equally I have seen people deploy tech and over complicate things but that can be avoided as well.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.