Home Forums Other discussions Forum downgrade issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

@Dave_FS conceeirge

As requested issues I see with your downgraded forum, you may want to talk to your developers about what user testing was done, I have an idea.

There is no – New Posts option.
    The @Dave option doesnt work
    No quote previous post option.

Must admit I gave up trying any further if they cant get basics right, well you know my approach from previous comments.

My login problems were that it wouldnt accept my normal password, I tried a couple of forgotten password attempts, finally got an email on the 3rd attempt.

bb1
    Participant

PS. I seem to have to hit submit multiple times to post a reply

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,164

It is certainly different.. love the feel of it, sadly many features to encourage engagement appear to have been overlooked – as bb1 mentions…

There is clearly reasons behind the shift, alongside monetising, although the grass roots of what the forum used to be have been omitted.. or is that the point, to bring in new fodder.

One point that bb may have not mentioned, that really got my gripe, was the increase within such a short period of SPAM posts – direct link posts for no reason other than backlinks and also the fact that there is no real forum communal report post button to bring this to someones attention when it occurs.. logged on a few days ago, and within minutes seen 4 or more posts from same or similar peoples (new) that were all links totally unrelated to anything… and also rehashing old threads.

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Jason Ramage
    Participant

funny, just looked at the wellbeing section – 7 or so posts with links from the one poster.. sadly..

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant

Jason, if I could quote your post I would, but yes I think every usability feature has disappeared.

I note that our signature have disappeared as well.

If they are trying to monetize it I dont think it will work as it is just not usable in any reasonable state

JonoW-15
    • Total posts: 21

Hi bb1,

My name is Jono and I’m from the team launching the new site.

Thanks for the feedback on the forum, we’re working through a few of these teething issues currently to make the functionality replicate the old platform. Unfortunately the existing flying solo site and forum platform had aged beyond a point of cost effective maintenance.

Feel free to drop any additional feedback in here if you’d like as we’ll be working through upgrades over the coming weeks.

Cheers,
    Jono

Forum Administrator
    Jason Ramage
    Participant

Whilst i am not BB1, may i say that the erroneous SPAM content is making visiting this site very very painful… without updates and notifications, i click on all new posts and all new posts (looking for time stamps) are almost always spammed links.. literally just did a sweep to see if i could assist anyone, and 6 of the 7 posts i read were generalised comments with links..

Looking forward to coming back in a month or 2 to see if and how the upgrades show..

bb1
    Participant

@jono, first ever IT project where I have seen less functionality after then before, the old one may have being past it’s prime, but gee, this one is even more dodgy.

Like Jason I may check back in after a month or 2, its a waste of time at the moment.

quaotic99@gmail.com
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1

It is so useless that I can’t think that I will be spending much time here now as it is. Looks way too simple and childish, and doesn’t update for me, as well the lack of functionality.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463

Hadn’t been to the site for quite a while and was wondering when it changed, looks like that happened very recently?

I can’t give much feedback, just made the single post for info, but it’s certainy not as intuitive as the previous version was, especially trying to see what the most recent comments are. You might want to think about showing a list of the most recently contributed threads or comments from all forums on the main landing page, with the side bar or similar list of individual forums a user can jump into if they want. Not being able to see any threads on the main landing page detracts from the user experience for mine.

The overall site design is very generic now, with far less use of the green which for me was one of your branding strengths.

JonoW-15
    • Total posts: 21

Hey @bb1 , just thought I’d drop in a bit of an update after catching up with our development team today.

As a priority we’re working on forum functionality, the ability to tag has now been added.
    We’ll also be adding the ability to like the posts of others, quote their replies and see a post count against each user.

You’ll also seen be able to see latest posts shown on the homepage of the website as well as the main forum page. If there’s other features that the existing forum had that you’d like retained, please don’t hesitate to post here and let us know.

We’ll also be looking at improving spam filtering, the majority of these changes should be rolled out in coming days.

Thanks for your patience!

Forum Administrator
    Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463

The forum just capitalised all the words in my thread title, which I submitted with just the first word capitalised.

Do you have a bug reporting channel? Might help to identify things like this you can prioritise over time.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,175

Hi Zava Design,

I will bring your issue to the Developer’s attention.

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers
    Paul

Jacqui Pryor
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7

Hi @Jono, @Paul-FS Concierge

I won’t rehash others’ comments, but I’m still not able to tag it seems, and, not sure if the issue of missing signatures has been addressed? I can’t seem to find in the account/profile settings where I might add a signature back in?

Jacqui Pryor Trade Marks Attorney A Free Trade Mark Search is a good first step to ensuring your business name, brand name or logo is safe to use and to ensure it can be protected. Get yours here.
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,175

I will pass on your feedback Jacqui.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.