Home Forums Other discussions Forum downgrade issues

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,560

Thanks for checking in Jason! All valid comments. I will try to get the “report as spam” function bumped up to the top of the list. That way anyone can report the obvious spam if they see it before the mods. The moderator schedule has not changed, it’s just that more spam is getting through the filters.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this place Jason, as you always have 🙂
    Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

@lucasarthur great question, just came to check in, doesnt seem to have being any movement

JonoW-15
    • Total posts: 21

@Dave_FS conceeirge

As requested issues I see with your downgraded forum, you may want to talk to your developers about what user testing was done, I have an idea.

There is no – New Posts option.
    The @Dave option doesnt work
    No quote previous post option.

Must admit I gave up trying any further if they cant get basics right, well you know my approach from previous comments.

My login problems were that it wouldnt accept my normal password, I tried a couple of forgotten password attempts, finally got an email on the 3rd attempt.

Just reaching out and checking on progress…. Post started about 2 months ago, and to be honest if there has been any improvements they must all be back end..

Is it just me, or are the vast percentage of posts still spam and self promotional…. with no ability to report as spam either and sit on post for quite some time?

Would be great to get some more updates along with seeing if this forum is getting the love it deserves?

Cheers

Hey @lucasarthur

Thanks for checking in and apologies for the delay in updates, we’ve now managed to get on top of the majority of the spam issues by filtering out a number of troublesome IP addresses. This should greatly improve the post quality we see across the forum.

What functionality would you still like to see across the forum? The majority of the features from the previous forum plugin have been replicated in the new version now. We’re still keen to get more feedback on features that you’d like to see in the forum though.

Another positive note is that we have a new community manager starting next week who will be working on the Flying Solo platform, making sure that Flying Solo receives lots of love.

Cheers,
    Jono

Forum Administrator
    James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,703

Spam. Tagging etc. these are really just minor technical issues that frankly shouldn’t even be a concern with the number of mature off the shelf forum solutions on the market.

The bigger issue is …..is this forum deteriorating? Is the quality and quantity of engagement declining? Is there someone analysing this and formulating a cohesive plan to make improvements?

I mean the amazing irony is that this forum is supposed to be a place where micro business owners can learn from those perhaps more experienced. There is all sorts of FS content here advocating planning, technology choice, strategy, customer service etc etc etc – and yet here we are discussing the future of what was once a thriving forum and is now seemingly something else.

It’s really quite sad because there have been many interesting discussions here over the years and now it’s somewhat of a rarity.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. info@360partners.com.au www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    Jacqui Pryor
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7

Like a few other long time members, have just checked back in for the first time in a while to see what had been updated on this thread. In doing so, it seems we no longer have the option to ‘like’ another member’s post? (does this mean we’ve lost our trophy points?! 😉 ) I was going to ‘like’ @jamesmillar’s post above but no option to do so.

In terms of general feedback around functionality, I can see there’s now a right-hand side bar section containing a few ‘most recent posts’, but no reference to the actual forum topic it relates to. For example, I am seeing “ABN or ACN / Insurance / Packaging Service for SkinCare by Mr.Chips” but no way of knowing whether this is a general start up question; a money matters question; a find help question etc. I also think displaying only 5 recent posts is too limited. There’s more recent posts so some members will be missing out having theirs eye-balled I suspect. I’m finding this version of the site more difficult to navigate than the old platform in terms of finding/contributing to relevant posts/questions.

I know signatures are on the list, but certainly think that remains a lacking function at the moment.
    I do hope to see a few things ‘fixed’ soon and hope that allows for some discussions to continue in the way they used to. It’s been a great resource over the years and I would like it to continue being such.

Jacqui Pryor Trade Marks Attorney A Free Trade Mark Search is a good first step to ensuring your business name, brand name or logo is safe to use and to ensure it can be protected. Get yours here.
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,183

Thanks for your continued input everyone.

This thread is being monitored and suggestions absorbed and acted on.

Developing the features is still ongoing 🙂

Cheers

JonoW-15

Like a few other long time members, have just checked back in for the first time in a while to see what had been updated on this thread. In doing so, it seems we no longer have the option to ‘like’ another member’s post? (does this mean we’ve lost our trophy points?! 😉 ) I was going to ‘like’ @jamesmillar’s post above but no option to do so.

In terms of general feedback around functionality, I can see there’s now a right-hand side bar section containing a few ‘most recent posts’, but no reference to the actual forum topic it relates to. For example, I am seeing “ABN or ACN / Insurance / Packaging Service for SkinCare by Mr.Chips” but no way of knowing whether this is a general start up question; a money matters question; a find help question etc. I also think displaying only 5 recent posts is too limited. There’s more recent posts so some members will be missing out having theirs eye-balled I suspect. I’m finding this version of the site more difficult to navigate than the old platform in terms of finding/contributing to relevant posts/questions.

I know signatures are on the list, but certainly think that remains a lacking function at the moment.
    I do hope to see a few things ‘fixed’ soon and hope that allows for some discussions to continue in the way they used to. It’s been a great resource over the years and I would like it to continue being such.

Hey @jacquipryor

Thanks very much for the detailed feedback, it’s very much appreciated and we’ll work it into our list.

With regards to your signature, it can be edited here: https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/my-account/

Go to ‘forum profile’ then ‘profile’ then ‘edit’ and you should have a signature section. We’re working to make the navigation of forum profile editing easier.

Thanks,
    Jono

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by JonoW-15.
    Forum Administrator
    Jacqui Pryor
    Participant

Thanks @jonow-15,

When I click “forum profile” with the view of adding my signature, I get a “404 – Page Not Found” error I’m afraid.

Not sure if/how it can be fixed, but you might like to know that I got an email earlier notifying me you had tagged me in this post – and, the email went straight to my junk file. Previously it would arrive safely in my inbox.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Jacqui Pryor.
    Jacqui Pryor Trade Marks Attorney A Free Trade Mark Search is a good first step to ensuring your business name, brand name or logo is safe to use and to ensure it can be protected. Get yours here.
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster

Thanks Jacqui,

Noted and passed on.

Cheers
    Paul

JonoW-15

Thanks @jonow-15,

When I click “forum profile” with the view of adding my signature, I get a “404 – Page Not Found” error I’m afraid.

Not sure if/how it can be fixed, but you might like to know that I got an email earlier notifying me you had tagged me in this post – and, the email went straight to my junk file. Previously it would arrive safely in my inbox.

Hey @jacquipryor, thanks for flagging these bugs, that 404 issue you were experiencing should now be fixed if you’d like to give it another shot.

Good to know about the junk email issue, we’ll look at changing the email formatting to prevent this.

Forum Administrator
    Jacqui Pryor
    Participant

Thanks @jonow-15 – seems the profile editing is now working.

James Millar
    Participant

What’s the deal with all new topic threads having to sit in a moderation queue before approved. That’s 5 hours and no word yet. How is this going to be a thriving forum with content if you can’t post anything?

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. info@360partners.com.au www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster

Hi James,

I will look into it for you.

Cheers
    Paul.

James Millar
    Participant

That’s two new topics I’ve posted in the money section a week ago and the message was “waiting for approval by moderators”. Not going to be a very active forum if it takes weeks to approve a new topic

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,560

Thanks for the heads up @jamesmillar, that is not cool.
    At present Paul and I are having a problem with accessing the moderation queue, so we’re a bit worried ourselves that there might be more in the queue than just yours!

Apologies again. Hopefully resolved soon, but we’ve not had an update on this yet.
    Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.