Home – New Forums Selling online Forum to market your website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up
    ::

I had really abmysal website hits so far, like 30 or under. But all of a sudden page hits went up, today I had 72 and I know,I will have much more hits in the evening. This was really after I went with “nurseries online” a pay-for directory, but I see only very few referrals from this website so far (but maybe these people come back?) And I see most coming from the USA (i don’t sell there). The only thing what has changed is that I now participate actively in one popular forum. My website is underneath every post. I did not increase my facebooks activity, so my only explanation is the forum (which I like much more than facebook).

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Just remember hits are like ”Likes’ on Facebook, absolutely useless unless they result in sales.

heftzwecke
    Up

Of course, hits from the USA and all over the world won’t result in sales, but isn’t it a first step? My understanding is the more hits the higher up in google ranks you get…
    BTW, you are a gardener, I don’t know if your are interested in unusual plants or even strange medicinals – but if you search for a plant in google what do you type in? More something like: herb for my sore back or the latin plant name or what else??

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    heftzwecke, post: 241522, member: 88078 wrote:
    BTW, you are a gardener, I don’t know if your are interested in unusual plants or even strange medicinals – but if you search for a plant in google what do you type in? More something like: herb for my sore back or the latin plant name or what else??

I generally search on the common plant name, wouldn’t know a scientific name if it hit me in the face.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I think I’m with Bert on this one…I’m a keen gardener with a focus on food plants.

I’d be searching by common name.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    anhngoc, post: 241589, member: 87937 wrote:
    bb1, bài: 241.521, Thành viên: 53.375 wrote:
    Chỉ cần nhớ số truy cập giống như ” Thích ‘trên Facebook, hoàn toàn vô dụng, trừ khi họ kết quả bán hàng [/ QUOTE].
    vâng, tôi nghĩ so

thats awesome, not sure that is the common name though

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    enix
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Views and exposure don’t really mean much for e-commerce websites. The issue is that you’re drawing in traffic from a region you’re not selling on, which sucks because you know they’re not going to buy anything. You also don’t know if most of that traffic is organic or whatever, as some listings sites run spiders over your site to generate false views.

Make sure where-ever you’re promoting your ecommerce site is region appropriate, and I would definitely recommend Facebook as a selling tool. I generate nearly all my sales from Facebook and referrals from previous customers, recommending people to message me on Facebook.

heftzwecke
    Up

Thanks that sounds reasonable! Offline I have mostly returning customers maybe 70%. That means I have to participate more in Aussie facebook groups.

Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166
    Up
    LucasArthur, post: 241593, member: 34537 wrote:
    thats awesome, not sure that is the common name though
    [IMG]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0626/1321/files/Capture1.JPG?7226328173960956477[/IMG]
    Is your computer shared with someone, or it is only me who saw Vietnamese quote of bb1? Jason
    Trent Tran
    Participant
    Up
    heftzwecke, post: 241522, member: 88078 wrote:
    Of course, hits from the USA and all over the world won’t result in sales, but isn’t it a first step? My understanding is the more hits the higher up in google ranks you get…

Hi Heftz
    I used to live in Leura Blue Mountains for 3 years. If you want a niche forum this is where you go, especially for cactus

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/

It is an amazing community and I picked up some sales from there.

heftzwecke
    Up

I don’t know were the Vietnamese signs come from! Thanks for the hint to Shaman australis. Did you buy or did yo sell? What type of garden do you have? I really prefer forums (but I continue with facebook) there’s much more real information going. It’s exciting to search for new plants…. If you lived in Leura there’s as well Lynn’s rare plants she has really some fine stuff.

Trent Tran
    Participant
    Up
    heftzwecke, post: 241650, member: 88078 wrote:
    I don’t know were the Vietnamese signs come from! Thanks for the hint to Shaman australis. Did you buy or did yo sell? What type of garden do you have? I really prefer forums (but I continue with facebook) there’s much more real information going. It’s exciting to search for new plants…. If you lived in Leura there’s as well Lynn’s rare plants she has really some fine stuff.

Like you Heftz, I am a vendor, you could advertise under “sales” section.

Shaman is an active forum and popular with Mushroom and cactus, and some other plants.

heftzwecke
    Up

Hi Grand, I signed up, did not work so far, but yes I lost the site a bit out of focus it is rather interesting! I really like these interesting forums, every time you go there you find a new plant which you would like to add…..

Trent Tran
    Participant
    Up
    heftzwecke, post: 241683, member: 88078 wrote:
    Hi Grand, I signed up, did not work so far, but yes I lost the site a bit out of focus it is rather interesting! I really like these interesting forums, every time you go there you find a new plant which you would like to add…..
    hi heftz, it has not worked so far? Do you you mean that you have no sales from that forum or you could not sign up?
    heftzwecke
    Up

I could not sign up they seem to be a bit slow up there….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.