Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Franchising your business…..think first!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    towfix
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi, my name is Craig Kitto and i am the franchisor of Towfix, a mobile service and repair business for caravans, trailers and horsefloats. Basically what we do is look after all the grey nomads travelling around this great country of ours!

Scenario: Your travelling in you caravan and stop at a one of our beautiful van parks along the coast. As you are setting up you notice that you have no lights in your van? What’s wrong they were working yesterday!
    So you have a bit of a look around and try to fix it yourself but after an 1hr you give up. Traditionally your next step would be to either have no lights for your stay or pack up and take your van to a caravan workshop where it could stay for hours whilst they find and fix the problem!
    Like I said traditionally….Now there is a better way! Get on the net or call our freecall australia wide 1800 number and we’ll come to you and fix your problem….no more inconvenience or hassles for you and you get to continue on your stress relieving holiday! How goods that! Our goal over the next 5 -7 years is to have between 20-30 franchisees around Australia so that we can help where ever you are.
    Well that gives you an idea on who and what we are, but that is not the reason I joined this site. Basically over the last 5 years that we have been franchising I have experienced a lot in regards to franchising a business. I have used businesess that want to help you franchise, businesses that want to help you market your business, lot’s of businesess that want to take your money and at the end of the day give you little or nothing in return! So the reason I am on here is to listen and talk to other franchisors to gain some of their knowledge but also to listen to and help anyone thinking of or just started to franchise their business and advise them so that you don’t make the same costly mistakes as I did! Don’t get me wrong I think franchising is a great way to build your business but like anything there are traps and pifalls for beginners.
    So thanks for letting me join and let’s hope we can help each other.
    Our website by the way is http://www.towfix.com.au

Cheers

SamW from BPS
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Welcome to Flying Solo. I’d just like to say that I really like your idea. Do you have any competitors?

towfix
    Up

Hi Sam,
    WOW that was quick! I wasn’t expecting a reply so soon!
    Yes we do have competitors in various parts of Australia, but like most businesess they are single man operated and not linked in any way. Our aim is to have a network of trustworthy reliable franchisees around Australia so that the customer knows exactly what he/she is getting when they call us. Professional, prompt, service by someone that arrives on time. Not hard!

Cheers Craig

SamW from BPS
    Up

That sounds great Craig. How many vans are you operating at the moment? I could recommend this to some people (I’m in Victoria) that travel around Australia.

towfix
    Up

Sam , at the moment we have 4 vans in operation. 3 franchised and 1 company owned. They are on the Gold coast, Tweed Coast, Sydney and Shoalhaven/Illawarra. Currently under negotiation is South Adelaide and Newcastle. We do not have any one in Vic at the moment but if you know of any body that is mechanically minded and looking for something different just direct them to the website, http://www.towfix.com.au where they can find out more about us.

Thanks once again for your help.
    Craig

SamW from BPS
    Up

Do you train them? I know it says no qualifications required…

towfix
    Up

Hi Sam,
    Yes there is an intensive 3 week training course on the Gold Coast where we cover all aspects of the work we undertake. Franchisees also recieve 5 days training in their territory as well plus ongoing 24/7 support and training throughout the year. Obviously we try to recruit mechanics, auto electricians that sort of thing, but as long as you are mechanically minded we do the rest.

Cheers

renette
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Craig,
    My husband and I are small business operators. We have started a business that is gaining a lot of interest, and wanted to find out how to best grow it.
    We started on the Gold coast, and want to roll our business out across australia.
    After reading your thread, it would be great to learn from your experience and avoid the pitfalls you might have come across.
    I know this is an old thread, but I am trying my luck anyway.
    We are a business in the food service industry.

Many thanks
    Renette

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

Hi Craig,

We have just started franchising (well a few months ago) and I tried SeekCommercial frist but had only a few bites but not much interest. Now we have engaged a franchise broker which costs an arm and a leg… Have you had any experience with brokers?

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

FABULOUS! (oh, and welcome!)

I love the concept, sounds like a gun.

Best of luck pulling it off :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.