Home – New Forums Starting your journey Free advice!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Youngpadawan
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hello fellow forum members!

For a while I have had an itch to start a blog/consulting/tutoring space where I can begin to build credibility and validate my skills. One of my strengths is technology, I understand social media, excel, visio, word, I can code at a basic level (still learning) and a lot more. On top of this I am extremely patient and have a good business sense with the ability to understand individual client needs.

Initially I want to have a blog offering free information that is extremely high quality and also offer local consultation. I have a few blog ideas however i want to reach out to the community first.

Does anyone have any struggles with technology whether it be your computer, smartphone or you are unsure of how to integrate technology into your business. I would love the opportunity to help you with any questions or take any problems and form a blog post (all free).

Any other advice on how to kick start this sort of service is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Taxopia
    Participant
    • Total posts: 301
    Up

Hi There. If you wrote a comprehensive article on how to setup the online ATO business portal and related Auskey issues I think many would find it helpful. It has been burdened with compatibility issues across different OS and browsers and has other quirks which cost people a massive amount of time trying (and failing) to setup. Just an idea for you to research.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Taxopia, post: 237962, member: 68601 wrote:
    Hi There. If you wrote a comprehensive article on how to setup the online ATO business portal and related Auskey issues I think many would find it helpful. It has been burdened with compatibility issues across different OS and browsers and has other quirks which cost people a massive amount of time trying (and failing) to setup. Just an idea for you to research.

Excellent suggestion, although you may find this one will need updating on a monthly if not daily cycle, the compatibility and usage issues seems to change from month to month, with absolutely no notice to the users. And you ring them, and all they say is, oh yes we know about that this month you have to use XYZ to access it.

I”m normally an advocate for how friendly and useful the department is, but on the portal front, they just don’t care,

Taxopia
    Participant
    • Total posts: 301
    Up

Agreed 100% Bert. The ATO has some decent support but the portal auskey system is a debacle. For tax agents there are about three different Govt systems to log into just to get it working and even then it seems to react differently on each pc. If a bank can offer secure login to banking data surely the ATO can offer secure login to tax data. I mean its not even compatible with Microsoft Edge browser which has been out for over a year. Still only supports Internet Explorer.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Perhaps a post (or posts) around Windows10 if this is your field?! I am still too scared to update after reading about a number of issues. Understanding which programs are or are not compatible with Windows 10 – and, if not compatible what can people do to make them compatible and/or ensure a smooth upgrade for their businesses?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.