Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Free Google AdWords Tips & Changes to Google

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KateMcMillan
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know the business I work for has a free 25 minute webinar (online seminar) that covers some tips and tricks for improving the performance of your Google AdWords account. It also covers some of the upcoming changes Google are making (which are pretty huge!). If you’d like a link to it please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Cheers,
    Kate McMillan

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi Kate,

It would be awesome if you could post your tips here on the forums.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi Kate,

It would be awesome if you could post your tips here on the forums.

KateMcMillan
    Up

Hi Keith, no worries.

I’m happy to answer some general queries on here if you are comfortable sharing, otherwise please feel free to PM me.

Firstly, write yourself a few sentences about how you are currently using your adwords account, what you hope to get out of it, what you think you could be doing better, and problems you are currently having and don’t know how to solve. Feel free to post here if you are having some problems.

Things to think about (will post more later, bit strapped for time this afternoon):

How is your account structured?
    To start with it’s worthwhile thinking about how you have structured your account, the purpose for this and whether or not it is helping you achieve your goals! Things to ask yourself:

• How many campaigns do you have, and what do you use them for?
    • How many ad groups do you have, and what are they categorised by? Are they per product or brand, are they themed? Is this done in campaigns instead of ad groups? Is it logical?
    • How many keywords is in each ad group? Are they in the right ad group ie is it logical? For example, if you own a sports shop, is it logical to have flippers-related keywords in your ‘shoes’ ad group?
    • How are keywords matched? If all your keywords are broadmatched, meaning that when someone searches for, for example: gold engagement rings; and you are bidding on the keyword gold violin e-string your advertisement could possibly be shown for totally irrelevant searches. This affects your Click Through Rate which is: the number of times someone clicks on your advertisement divided by the number of times your ad is shown times 100 to make it a percent. The better your Click Through Rate, the cheaper your clicks are likely to be because Google will see your advertisement as more relevant.

Please feel free to post any other information you can think of, or ask questions… I will post more later, just quite busy today.

KateMcMillan
    Up

Hi Keith, no worries.

I’m happy to answer some general queries on here if you are comfortable sharing, otherwise please feel free to PM me.

Firstly, write yourself a few sentences about how you are currently using your adwords account, what you hope to get out of it, what you think you could be doing better, and problems you are currently having and don’t know how to solve. Feel free to post here if you are having some problems.

Things to think about (will post more later, bit strapped for time this afternoon):

How is your account structured?
    To start with it’s worthwhile thinking about how you have structured your account, the purpose for this and whether or not it is helping you achieve your goals! Things to ask yourself:

• How many campaigns do you have, and what do you use them for?
    • How many ad groups do you have, and what are they categorised by? Are they per product or brand, are they themed? Is this done in campaigns instead of ad groups? Is it logical?
    • How many keywords is in each ad group? Are they in the right ad group ie is it logical? For example, if you own a sports shop, is it logical to have flippers-related keywords in your ‘shoes’ ad group?
    • How are keywords matched? If all your keywords are broadmatched, meaning that when someone searches for, for example: gold engagement rings; and you are bidding on the keyword gold violin e-string your advertisement could possibly be shown for totally irrelevant searches. This affects your Click Through Rate which is: the number of times someone clicks on your advertisement divided by the number of times your ad is shown times 100 to make it a percent. The better your Click Through Rate, the cheaper your clicks are likely to be because Google will see your advertisement as more relevant.

Please feel free to post any other information you can think of, or ask questions… I will post more later, just quite busy today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.