Home – New Forums Starting your journey Free payroll/accounting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    riccardo1888
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I am looking at buying a business very soon but before we actually go for it I want to download a free payroll/accounting program for maximum of5 people in order to do some practice at payroll etc.

Most ‘free’ payroll software online turns out to be paid or very old complicated systems.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a basic free payroll program or app please ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ric

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I suggest you do the free one month trial of Zero https://www.xero.com/au/signup/ the business version will cost $60 per month (currently) thereafter. I am a solo operator but that’s the version I use because it does everything I need and is fully tax deductible.

I strongly advise you to use something to practise on that you are going to use afterwards. It will help you do your BAS and other tax obligations because the reporting is so good.

Just my best thoughts.

riccardo1888
    Up

Hi Karen,

It probably is a good idea to practice on the software I’m going to continue on. I will give that a try as after some research, it looks like it’s a popular one.

Thanks for the help !

Ric

expatpat1
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Hi Ric,
    Xero is a great product and worth checking out. If you’re looking for something completely free, you can also check out Wave Accounting.

If you don’t necessarily need something in the cloud and you’re happy to run it from your own computer, then check out http://kwikpay.com.au/ Their software is free for up to 5 people.

Good luck with your choice
    Pat

poponuts
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

I agree, for something free, it seems WAVE ACCOUNTING offers a lot more.
    I haven’t tried their payroll module yet but it seems it is only applicable for USA/CANADA businesses.
    The rest of the features seems enough for my small business.

riccardo1888
    Up

Yeah it doesn’t have an Australian option which is not good.

I think I’m going to use xero free trial as the reviews on that are great. I’m sure a few hours will get me familiar with the software.

FalzonFinancial
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

Xero is a great accounting software option.

I would stand clear of any free software. As stated above not only is Wave non-compliant with the Australian payroll standards, it will also offer limited reporting. This will cost you more of your time and money rather than incurring the expense of a software package compliant with Australian standards.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.