Home – New Forums Tech talk Free Security Downloads

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    ::

No I havent run out of money , nor have I become a tight…, I am about to upgrade my computer. Well I want to give my desk top computer to a family that really cant afford to buy one and I would like to install an internet security programme on it as I am taking the Norton programme off and putting it on my new netbook.

I used to have one of these freeby ones on a computer several years ago then someone introduced me to Norton which suites me down to the ground.

As my memory is not as good as it once was I thought I would ask you my friends on the forum for a little help. From memory it comes from Spain.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

GDay Burgo,

I always put AVG Free and Spybot on my clients computers. I’m quite an avid hater of Norton software.

There’s a paid version of AVG if you want that bit more security, but AVG Free will probably suit you fine.

Cheers,
    Chris

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Thanks Chris the one I had used before is Panda, and you wouldnt believe it I have a young chap who has just arrived from the UK who says that AVG is probably the best you can get, so Im going to leave Norton on the Desk top and put AVG on my new netbook.

Chris Bates
    Up

Wise choice! :D

Avast! is another good anti-virus choice, but AVG is a great all rounder.

I don’t like Norton as it’s a resource hog and is rather intrusive.

You would have seen a run down of AVG in that guide you got when you subscribed on my website ;) Need any help, give us a holler.

Cheers,
    Chris

marvelit
    • Total posts: 169
    Up

I would have to agree with chris.

I am an AVG partner and I install their free version on low risk users.

Only Symantecs enterprise products are worth using, their norton line is horrible.

If you need any help picking a new computer I am happy to help (for free mind u!) :p

Chris Bates
    Up

If you need any help picking a new computer I am happy to help (for free mind u!)

That goes for everyone on FS! Plenty of people around on here that can help you make the right choice for your next computer purchase, so many people make the wrong decisions.

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Thanks fellas, very much appreciated. Unfortunately I picked up an Acer netbook for $ 370.00 last week, still havent taken it out of the box yet as Ive been too busy with family and overseas visitors and will be till the 7th, then its back to reality hahaha, watever that is.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.