Home – New Forums Tech talk Free StatCounter with useful stats

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jill
    • Total posts: 102
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    Ive been using this StaCounter for years, but they have improved over the years to the point where the data they provide, I feel is excellent. You can track IP addresses of visitors, and label IP addresses if you wish, see easily unique visitors vs page loads etc. You can see what words or strings were used in Google searches to find you. lots of great info, and free. No ads, non intrusive to your website, fully customisable, and can be completely invisible if you wish. And no I dont make anything out of them, this is a genuine referral for anyone who wants some great info and a free counter.

Once you open a free account you can add as many projects as you like (each website you wish to track). You must be able to insert the code into the page you wish to track though. They generate the code to simply copy and paste into your website code.

http://www.statcounter.com/

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Thanks Jill

I’ll have to take a look.
    Wonder how it compares to Google Analytics (also free) ?

Lis Sowerbutts
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

They both provide excellent stats – both require you to be at least slightly computer literate because you will have to cut and paste some code in the right part of your site for it work

Analytics is owned by Google – not everyone wants to provide this amount of information about their business to Google. That said they are an extremely comprehensive program

Statcounter – the free version will only show detailed stats for the last 500 visitors – this may be an issue for a busy site. The interface is a lot simpler than Googles

Id suggest that if you are not sure – add both and see which you end up using most

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.