Home – New Forums Money matters Free STP (Single Touch Payroll) Reporting software

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chrispro
    Participant
    • Total posts: 93
    Up
    ::

Until now I haven’t needed to report using STP since I only have a closely-held employee. Sadly it seems that exemption won’t be continued so I now must use STP. My million-year old accounting software won’t support it. Just wondering if anyone has used any of the free (or low-cost) apps out there for reporting via STP and would have a recommendation? Yes, I’m aware of the list of them – but much prefer to hear peoples’ real-world experience rather than theory. I’m looking for the simplest to use as I don’t want a learning curve (too much other stuff to do already). And I really just need to take care of the reporting requirements only – I have no need for actual payroll software.
    Thanks!

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

Xero has a payroll only plan for $10 a month. This would be one of the most widely supported user-friendly product on the market. You can always extend to their full software if you want as well.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    Chrispro
    Participant
    Up

Thanks. Sorry for the late reply – I missed your response.
    Anyway, Xero isn’t really what I’m after. I’m not looking to change my accounting software, I just need to fulfil the STP reporting requirements. There are several free options for that – I was thinking with all the soloists on here (many of whom would have assistance from family) that there might be some with practical experience with one of those, but perhaps not…

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

Thanks. Sorry for the late reply – I missed your response.
    Anyway, Xero isn’t really what I’m after. I’m not looking to change my accounting software, I just need to fulfil the STP reporting requirements. There are several free options for that – I was thinking with all the soloists on here (many of whom would have assistance from family) that there might be some with practical experience with one of those, but perhaps not…

The STP payroll-only version that’s $10 a month is not a replacement for your accounting software – so no need to change it. The problem with a lot of free solutions is that they may not achieve your stated objective of being simple with no learning curve. Anyway best of luck with it.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    Chrispro
    Participant
    Up

Ah, no worries. Thanks for that. Will give it some thought.

Dave Butcher
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

There is no free anything in this world.
    Yeah, you will get access of some limited features for a limited period of time.
    Now, come to your requirement there are number of payroll reporting software available even I am working for such company whose provide a compensation system that can connect with the organization’s existing & core system without changing any system infrastructure.
    And also provide real time data reporting to analyse the performance based on their work & compensation.

Fins
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I have found Payroller serves my small business well and it is free!

Home

stampaprints7
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

PayRoller was specifically designed to aid the STP switch for all small businesses. Try PayRoller for free.

Chrispro
    Participant
    Up

Thanks. I think I looked at Payroller but can’t remember what happened with that. I ended up using ClockOn. Needed to do a bit more work setting it up than I had hoped (I just needed to report figures and didn’t care about having the software calculate it all for me, but there was no choice). But once it was setup it does the job well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.