Home – New Forums Starting your journey FREE Website Design – Good idea??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Dane Pymble
    • Total posts: 227
    Up
    ::

Hi Brad

I think provided that you are making a good profit margin, then it is worth a try. No one marketing strategy works/doesn’t work for every business. It is important to experiment.

Having said that I am reminded of a Referral Marketing friend of mine who would always say “Recognition is a better motivator than bribery”.

You will be surprised how willing people are to refer you if they have had a positive experience with your company. Be confident in the fact that you can have the referral conversation when you know you have delivered good service.

Also think of other ways you can reward them through recognition like case studies linking to their website, feature in an enewsletter or on your website.

Hand written thank you cards are also a simple yet effective idea to let customers know you appreciate them and in those cards you can mention that your business thrives on referrals and to please pass on our details to friends who may be in need of our services.

B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up
    Dane Pymble, post: 91964 wrote:
    Hand written thank you cards are also a simple yet effective idea to let customers know you appreciate them and in those cards you can mention that your business thrives on referrals and to please pass on our details to friends who may be in need of our services.

Hey there,

I like the idea of hand written cards (just like FlyingSolo – they send you a little note with the book when you sign up to Business Class).

I’ll start doing that.

Thanks!

Brentis :)

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

u can position it as a 100% refund. so say something like “how would you like a refund”? all i need is for x number people to become my client. give them this card and write you name so for each person that becomes a client, you get x% back.

then create a refund leader board and include it in your newsletter so other clients can see. create a competition and turn it into a game with prizes around it.

so you’re not selling commissions or referrals but in fact, offering refunds. it worked very well with an optical store. their business nearly quadrupled in a short space of time.

just remember that it’s not what you say but how you say it. same goes for positioning/branding/sales/marketing.

i have lost count as to how many people complain that referrals, affiliates, blogs, websites, advertising, etc doesnt work (“in their business/industry”) but in the end, it turned out that they just didnt know how to effectively present their offer.

B Cooper
    Up
    hymstrategies, post: 92002 wrote:
    u can position it as a 100% refund. so say something like “how would you like a refund”? all i need is for x number people to become my client. give them this card and write you name so for each person that becomes a client, you get x% back.

then create a refund leader board and include it in your newsletter so other clients can see. create a competition and turn it into a game with prizes around it.

so you’re not selling commissions or referrals but in fact, offering refunds. it worked very well with an optical store. their business nearly quadrupled in a short space of time.

just remember that it’s not what you say but how you say it. same goes for positioning/branding/sales/marketing.

i have lost count as to how many people complain that referrals, affiliates, blogs, websites, advertising, etc doesnt work (“in their business/industry”) but in the end, it turned out that they just didnt know how to effectively present their offer.

Hey there,

I totally agree. That’s what I’ve been looking for. A way to position the idea so that it’s not seen as giving away websites for free and devaluing my services, but instead creating a fun, competitive, and rewarding environment out of the idea.

Cheers,

Brentis :)

Dane Pymble
    Up

Hi Brad

Further to the thank you card approach my business partner has done this on occasion in place of a cold call. He identifies prospects that have one an award or have had some form of media recognition & congratulates them on their success.

Without fail every person he has contacted this way has called back to thank him and find out more about our services. From that some have led to more formal relationships.

Whilst it is not commonplace (as I am sure if it becomes successful everyone will be doing it, thus losing its impact) it could be a worthwhile addition to your lead generation strategy.

B Cooper
    Up
    Dane Pymble, post: 92010 wrote:
    Hi Brad

Further to the thank you card approach my business partner has done this on occasion in place of a cold call. He identifies prospects that have one an award or have had some form of media recognition & congratulates them on their success.

Without fail every person he has contacted this way has called back to thank him and find out more about our services. From that some have led to more formal relationships.

Whilst it is not commonplace (as I am sure if it becomes successful everyone will be doing it, thus losing its impact) it could be a worthwhile addition to your lead generation strategy.

Hey there,

Interesting – I’ll keep that in mind.

(P.S – are you calling me Brad? haha)

Cheers! :)

Brentis

Dane Pymble
    Up
    B Cooper, post: 92021 wrote:
    Hey there,

Interesting – I’ll keep that in mind.

(P.S – are you calling me Brad? haha)

Cheers! :)

Brentis

LoL sorry Brentis, I would hate to mistake you for the infamous Onetel Director!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.