Home – New Forums Money matters Freelance Graphic Designer needs help with pricing!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lavien_
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’ve been recently referred to a new client by existing client and I am about to send a quotation for the new project!

The project consists of designing one A3 double sided menu (with 100+ photos) and one A4 6pages menu also with photos. Considering the hourly rate and average market price plus the relationship with existing client (who referred me to the new), I’ve come to a total of $1,250.

Could anyone please tell me if this is over/under priced or just about right?

architxt
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    lavien_, post: 156727 wrote:
    Hi,

I’ve been recently referred to a new client by existing client and I am about to send a quotation for the new project!

The project consists of designing one A3 double sided menu (with 100+ photos) and one A4 6pages menu also with photos. Considering the hourly rate and average market price plus the relationship with existing client (who referred me to the new), I’ve come to a total of $1,250.

Could anyone please tell me if this is over/under priced or just about right?

Not sure what the ‘plus the relationship with existing client’ bit is but I would add an additional 10% – 20% to what you calculated.

This to cover project management and other bits and pieces.

Also, make sure you agree on X number of tweaks and iterations or you could find yourself making a gazillion changes and see your hourly rate shrink considerably.

lavien_
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    architxt, post: 156732 wrote:
    Not sure what the ‘plus the relationship with existing client’ bit

Sorry I was very unclear with that. It meant considering the new client is close friend of my existing client and the fact that both of them have potential for more projects in the future.

architxt
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    lavien_, post: 156735 wrote:
    Sorry I was very unclear with that. It meant considering the new client is close friend of my existing client and the fact that both of them have potential for more projects in the future.

Ah OK.

For that have a lower rate, but base your calculations on the same formula.

And make it clear that it’s a special rate (perhaps even in your invoicing). If you get more referrals from these you don’t want to be stuck on the discounted rate.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    lavien_, post: 156735 wrote:
    Sorry I was very unclear with that. It meant considering the new client is close friend of my existing client and the fact that both of them have potential for more projects in the future.The price is the price. I wouldn’t discount yourself on the ‘potential’ of more work.

Your great work, excellent communication, and timely delivery should ensure ongoing work.

Regards your original question, I think it’s its impossible to say. Give yourselves a good hourly rate, $150 per hour, and estimate how many hours it will take you to complete and you have your quote.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.