Home – New Forums Starting your journey Freelance virtual PA work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    workingmum12
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi! I am about to commence virtual PA work from my home base (ie freelance work) for an overseas based company.
    I understand that I will need an ABN so I have applied for that, and as I won’t be charging GST I won’t need to complete Business Activity Statements; I will just need to complete a tax return at the end of the financial year.
    I am just wondering if there is anything else I need to have or be aware of before commencing the work?
    Thanks

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Sounds like you have pretty much got everything I sorted – I could be wrong – wouldn’t be the first time :).

I’m sure others on here will be able to provide you with insight.

Best of luck with everything.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Sounds like you have pretty much got everything I sorted – I could be wrong – wouldn’t be the first time :).

I’m sure others on here will be able to provide you with insight.

Best of luck with everything.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi workingmum12, and welcome to Flying Solo :)

I hope you get all the info you need soon.

Good luck with your new venture, and next time you drop by, please be sure to let us know your name so we can welcome you more personally ;-)

All the best,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi workingmum12, and welcome to Flying Solo :)

I hope you get all the info you need soon.

Good luck with your new venture, and next time you drop by, please be sure to let us know your name so we can welcome you more personally ;-)

All the best,
    Jayne

workingmum12
    Up

Thanks Jayne and Tony – nice to be welcomed and fingers crossed I have everything covered as you say Tony!
    thanks again, Jen

workingmum12
    Up

Thanks Jayne and Tony – nice to be welcomed and fingers crossed I have everything covered as you say Tony!
    thanks again, Jen

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Jen,

If you are ‘trading’ by any name other than your own, you will also need to register a business name in the state you are operating in. If you are operating simply under your personal name you don’t need to do this. I note that even if you simply add “Virtual PA Services” to the end of your name you still need to register the business name.

The business name, once registered can be linked to the ABN you have already applied for.

Also – double check with your local council whether they have any requirements/restrictions for operating from home.

All the best :)

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Jen,

If you are ‘trading’ by any name other than your own, you will also need to register a business name in the state you are operating in. If you are operating simply under your personal name you don’t need to do this. I note that even if you simply add “Virtual PA Services” to the end of your name you still need to register the business name.

The business name, once registered can be linked to the ABN you have already applied for.

Also – double check with your local council whether they have any requirements/restrictions for operating from home.

All the best :)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Also check with your home insurer to make sure there are no amendments needed to the policy.

Wendy :)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Also check with your home insurer to make sure there are no amendments needed to the policy.

Wendy :)

workingmum12
    Up

Thanks Jacqui and Wendy – much appreciated advice!

workingmum12
    Up

Thanks Jacqui and Wendy – much appreciated advice!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.