Home – New Forums Find the help you need Freight calculator module needed. WooCart/WordPress & Direct Freight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    smcka
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

I need an expert who has developed freight modules previously; note the has developed keywords please.

We are building a WooCart site on a WordPress platform. Our current freight partner, direct freight express does not have an API for a freight link up, so I need something developed locally that will do the job.

I have all rates in a spreadsheet along with suburbs and postcodes. I need a simple solution that will allow new spreadsheets to be loaded (drag and drop) when rates change, and do all the usual freight calculator functions; weigh all products, cube, etc. as well as cope with fuel and insurance surcharges.

Timeframe is asap as this is the last piece to go in.

If you have a previous customer as a reference and understand what I need from this brief then we can do business.

Stephen

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

http://www.temando.com/ has a Woo
    plugin that has a range of couriers available, but I am not sure about Direct Freight.

Really, if a freight company doesn’t want to move into the 21st centery and makes you develop your own solution, it may be worth looking at another freight company.

smcka
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your two replies.

You should probably know that I have contacted 2 x Woocart developers and neither have responded. That’s why I posted here hoping for some sort of positive response.
    Expect to pay 000’s? Probably they will ask that amount yes.

Temando? Let me tell you about the 2 x emails and 2 x phone calls to them, even a referral from the company that develops their interface and no response. Their retail pricing is much much dearer than I am currently paying for the same service with the same company. Yes, some people do actually check prices to keep their suppliers honest. So Temando may have 21st century technology but 18th century service levels.

Why would I use a company not part of the 21st century? Do you expect every company to be web-enabled and up to date? Thats a fairly broad brush you use there. Quite apart from the fact that the TNT, Toll/Ipec, Star track and others demand a minimum monthly spend, they also are determined not to deliver to private houses. As a retail business with a 90% home delivery customer base this poses a huge problem for me.

On your other post you mention an off-the-shelf freight module. I have not yet seen one which copes with up to 20 zones, then thousands of post codes all with their own rate schedule, then having to deal with fuel surcharge, insurance and then multiples of items and weights and sizes. Lets chuck in a re-delivery fee and then a remote area surcharge.
    If I were selling products in one sized box life would be easy. I don’t sell one sized box so I have to deal with it.

The 21st century is complex, is it not?

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Um, ok, don’t take my suggestions personally…

IMHO most online companies get way to complex with their shipping. But you have your reasons. The simpler the better, both for the retailer and the shopper.

Good luck with your search.

Kergman
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Let me know if you have any luck with this I use directfreight for my online surfboard business. This plugin in would be a great help. All though I use Get shopped.org/ WP ecommerce and Ebay. Maybe direct will make something soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.