• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    theholidayshoppe
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hello all,

I’m looking for some advice/referrals in regards to freight forwarding, I’m looking to import decorative items from Germany and just had to let my order go as I couldn’t seem to get a clear answer from anyone I spoke to. Perhaps I was dealing with companies that were too large or just not asking the right questions. One wouldn’t discuss it with me at all, told me to go to DHL or FedEx and that was the end of it.

The total value of my order is €2500.00 but I don’t know the dimensions or total weight of the order as it hadn’t been packed. My theory was though that the import duties and freight forwarder’s costs would be the greater cost anyway. The items I’m bringing in are anything from glass to various types of timber, and although the timber items have been manufactured, they originate from India or China, which is what concerned me. This particular company hasn’t ever exported to Australia so they had no idea what would get through or not either.

So, to make a long story short, my main questions are:
    Has anyone imported from Germany before?
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable and helpful freight forwarder?
    Do you have any advice for importing for countries outside of China?

I really appreciate any help, as a newcomer to my own business I think that making a bad decision here could really set me back. My ultimate aim is to be importing from various countries but Germany is my first stop.

Michelle

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.