Home – New Forums Logistics Freight from China question for importing expert please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up
    ::

Hi all, with my first order from Alibaba for some samples I asked for the carton to be shipped to my address but on the purchase order they have it DAP. I assume I have to organise the carton to be shipped from the seaport to my address.
    How do I do that?

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 94
    Up

Hi Rowan, You should be okay – DAP means Deliver At Place. That can be any agreed Place. Assuming you only mentioned the one delivery address, then that’s where it will go.

Rob Dash E: [email protected] M: 61 423 136 053 Quotes: https://tinyurl.com/yae7tbj6 S: live:rd2221
    Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Thanks Rob. So how do I pay the GST on the purchase then? I assume that when it arrives in Australia Border Force will ask for it before allowing it to be shipped to my address?

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 94
    Up

Yes, but the invoice will actually come from the carrier / freight forwarder. They must send you the invoice and the calculation sheet showing how the charges were assessed. This document is called the Customs Entry. You as the importer of record, are required to keep it for 7 years. The GST can be claimed on your BAS. The duty, if any, and the entry fee(s) are expenses. The carrier will probably demand payment prior to delivery, and then email you the tax invoice and customs entry shortly after.

Rob Dash E: [email protected] M: 61 423 136 053 Quotes: https://tinyurl.com/yae7tbj6 S: live:rd2221
    [email protected]
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

DAP (Delivered At Place),The seller shall deliver the goods to the destination stipulated in the contract within the delivery time stipulated in the contract and complete the delivery before unloading. So you needn’t worry. We are a professional primary forwarder from China, if you want to import goods from China, you can also contact me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.