Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Fresh eyes please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bunyip
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    Can you look at my sales page and review it.
    I’m happy with the traffic I’m getting from FB, it’s in a nice steep rise and is active, however I am not converting the traffic to sales as much as I need.
    This is a start up business, targeting the camping niche. I’d love some fresh eyes to look at the page and let me know what’s missing or how it could be improved to close the sales. Or is the page OK and I need look else where for the problem ?
    http://bunyipcamping.com.au/thermopot/
    Thank you in advance
    Lisa

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum, and good on you for being brave enough to request a review on your first day here.

I hope it proves highly constructive for you.

Good luck :)
    Jayne

Bunyip
    Up

Thanks for the welcome :)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Have you done a market comparison, i can find similiar product very much cheaper, I know your website indicates that it is “better quality from the rest”. But for someone to pay $100.00 more they need a lot more to justify.

Also from my own personal perspective, your website come accrosss like one of those home shopping ads on TV, a 20 minute speel before they tell me how much, you have heaps of info before I get to the price.

Also you tell me to add it to the cart before you tell me how much, same as the home shopping, ring now, oh but we didnt tell you the price.

Bunyip
    Up
    bb1, post: 208744 wrote:
    Have you done a market comparison, i can find similiar product very much cheaper, I know your website indicates that it is “better quality from the rest”. But for someone to pay $100.00 more they need a lot more to justify.

Also from my own personal perspective, your website come accrosss like one of those home shopping ads on TV, a 20 minute speel before they tell me how much, you have heaps of info before I get to the price.

Also you tell me to add it to the cart before you tell me how much, same as the home shopping, ring now, oh but we didn’t tell you the price.

Thanks for your feed back.
    Comparable products i.e.The Dream pot 6 litre us $ 320 and Shuttle Chef 6 litre $364. There are cheaper ones but the quality is generally not the same. Like with most products there is a high end, mid range and bottom range. I can’t compete with the top brands as they have been around longer and are well known so I am mid range price with comparable quality to the higher priced product. Maybe I should find a way to put a price and quality comparison on the site without getting myself in some kind of deep water with other brands. I’ll research it. Thanks.

Thanks for the price location feed back. I have heat map tracking and the majority of the visitors to the site are going to the bottom of the page then back up the top and down again. I have read from many marketers that’s the general way people seem to skim a page. That is why I set it up that way but it’s worth trailing moving the price around on the page and see if that makes any difference.
    Thanks again for your feed back.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Bunyip, post: 208750 wrote:
    . Maybe I should find a way to put a price and quality comparison on the site without getting myself in some kind of deep water with other brands. I’ll research it. Thanks.

Yeah something like that may help, you just need to tell the buyer (not just words), why yours is better than the cheaper ones.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi, the product looks good, but the website structure need some work. – it doesn’t seem to flow in any direction.

Click on shop and you have just one product, a tool. It’s easier to get info about the tool than the pot. Maybe give the tool away with the pot?

It took a while to figure out how to actually buy the pot. And there is now cart, it’s a paypal button rather than a shopping cart, so that is confusing as well.

Maybe a phone number would help with trust.

Bunyip
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 208758 wrote:
    Hi, the product looks good, but the website structure need some work. – it doesn’t seem to flow in any direction.

Click on shop and you have just one product, a tool. It’s easier to get info about the tool than the pot. Maybe give the tool away with the pot?

It took a while to figure out how to actually buy the pot. And there is now cart, it’s a paypal button rather than a shopping cart, so that is confusing as well.

Maybe a phone number would help with trust.

Thanks for the feed back !
    Ok I seriously have to do something about the cart. I’m using a plug in called “WP Paypal Shopping Cart Options” it’s easy for me to use but if it’s not clear on the site I need to work something out.
    Is it the cart itself or the way it’s situated on the page ?
    The tool is really just a way get email addresses. I’ll work out another way to use it for that so it’s not so confusing.
    Thanks again your feed back has been helpful.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

You can use Woocommerce for a WordPress site for a more functional cart.

Good luck mate :)

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Not everyone who comes to your website will be a buyer.

The may need warming up to the idea!

Consider giving something away for free in exchange for an email address. Then you can market to those people on a weekly basis until they are ready to make a purchase.

You could give away a recipe e-book with recipes that would be good in your thermapot.

I also wrote an article about this kind of stuff here.

http://www.incredibleco.com.au/our-articles/online-marketing/best-advertisers-use-email-marketing

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Not sure how fresh my eyes are, its Friday and its been a long week!

Is that your landing page from a link with about a paragrpah of the item?

If so my thoughts are that the page should be much smaller with two strong actions to follow:
    1) Buy Now
    2) Learn More

Hope that helps, let me know if you try it and if it improves purchases.
    It may also give you more info, as if more people navigate to more info then it shows more education may be needed before people buy.

Have a great weekend.

Bunyip
    Up

Thanks for your help everyone. I took on what you said and did a new landing page and special for the weekend. Got a much better response. Here’s a link to the page.
    http://bunyipcamping.com.au/weekend-special/
    How did I do ?
    :)

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    Bunyip, post: 208888 wrote:
    Thanks for your help everyone. I took on what you said and did a new landing page and special for the weekend. Got a much better response. Here’s a link to the page.
    http://bunyipcamping.com.au/weekend-special/
    How did I do ?
    :)

You have the results, so you tell us. How did you do? In the end the results are what matters, everybody else is just guessing. :)

Dave

Bunyip
    Up
    FS Forum Support, post: 208899 wrote:
    You have the results, so you tell us. How did you do? In the end the results are what matters, everybody else is just guessing. :)

Dave

Results are better but I’m always open to anything that will improve the close rate :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.