Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Fresh out of (9 to 5) Gaol

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    fad-cate
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Heaps of great resources on here!

Just to introduce myself: I’ve been working in graphic design in various places for ages and have recently been on maternity leave whilst doing a few freelance design projects when I thought that actually, I didn’t want to go back to the daily commute and 5-day/8-6pm hours. So I thought I would like to try up the ante with my freelance contacts and make a proper business of it.

Well, there’s a lot I need to learn from what I have looked up so far on this site! But I’m keen to learn! I have set up my website and now am raring to go…

So greetings to all you fellow escapees!

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

Hi Cate and welcome to FS!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Cate,

Welcome from me too! It’s great to have you on board.

All the best,
    Jayne

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Hi Cate

What a creative person you are! My visual creativity envy is showing its teeth again lol. I do words, not numbers, not graphic design, photography or other visual art. It’ll be interesting to watch your take on things.

Congratulations on the new baby. I hope the business provides you with every opportunity to work for yourself in harmony with motherhood. :)

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Welcome Cate,

I found your website very appealing – looks great. I was very interested in your “after the fire” painting, and noticed you are in Canberra. There is an “Introduce Yourself” topic in the ACT threads on Flying Solo – don’t forget to say hello to the other Canberrans there.

Kevin

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up
    soliddata, post: 31999 wrote:
    Welcome Cate,

I found your website very appealing – looks great. I was very interested in your “after the fire” painting, and noticed you are in Canberra. There is an “Introduce Yourself” topic in the ACT threads on Flying Solo – don’t forget to say hello to the other Canberrans there.

Kevin
    Please do! We need another female at our meetups, last time we had coffee I was the only girl!

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

I like this. I like this a lot.

mikmak
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Great website Cate. Did you develop it yourself?

Congratulations on getting “out”. Though 1 thing I have found with having a home office, is that you are always at work!

fad-cate
    Up

Thanks for all your kind words and welcomes folks!

I’ll have to check out the ACT group, thanks for letting me know.

I am glad you do words wordmistress as I’m not very good at the word side (it’s a very agonising process sometimes!). Might just need your help there at some stage!

I do have a blog on the site with which I keep up to date with what’s coming out of the studio and any art/design stuff I’m interested in so keep checking it out.

fad-cate
    Up

Yes Michael, I did develop it myself although it took a while! This was the first one I’ve done completely and finished from go to whoa, so quite a learning curve from my usual focus on print design.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I think your work is too good to be so small on your website.

Cheers

Matt

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.