Home – New Forums New here? Share your story From the classroom to the garage.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Honey1
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Well, I never ever thought I’d be typing on a laptop in the garage, but here I am.
    Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a few months and finally have the bravery to step up and post.
    I have finally crossed over that line of leaving my teaching job of 22 years to try something new. I’m 46! What was I thinking???
    But I am finding I wake up in the morning so much happier and my kids say I’m not that grumpy anymore so that must be a good thing :). I am still technically working with kids as such but in a different capacity.
    I have started an Agency to promote talented kids aged between 4-16 for work in the Entertainment Industry, such as TV, commericals, film and photoshoots for advertising. I am slowly scouting,recruiting and meeting some wonderful parents and their children.
    I have found that what I love the most of working at home is that the time is my own to do what I think is needed at that time. Being on a timetable for 22 years didn’t allow me to breath. Now I finally can.
    I admire the wonderful spirit that FS allows for sharing and supporting others, so I hope to be able to in turn share and support in return.
    Anna

My Virtual Me
    Participant
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Welcome! Congratulations for taking the big leap!

It’s pretty nerve-racking taking that plunge into the unknown, but at the same time it’s the best feeling – and so liberating!!

FS is a great place, and it’s very supportive. You will make some good connections here :)

Just Launch
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi Anna,

I have recently made the plunge just like you.

All I can say is ‘Enjoy the ride’

John Whale CA

Honey1
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Thanks for your welcomes. I think I will enjoy being here.
    Anna

http://www.amjtalentagency.com.au

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Anna,

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on starting your own venture.
    Similar background to you, I left my role as an employee that was making me grumpy in my personal life. I’m much happier now.

Steve

AussiePin.com.au
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Good on you Anna,

Taking the first step to make your work around what you love is a tough journey. Wish you the best and your business sounds very interesting!

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Woweee! Glad you took the plunge, you sound like you are loving it already, fabulous!

Welcome to the forums, will be great having you around :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.