Home – New Forums New here? Share your story From Whoa to Go: Care. Collaborate. Communicate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Caron
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Hiya folks,

I’ve been around for a little while now, just checking out what this forum is like, and I must compliment just how involved you all are, it has been quite the motivator for me to now introduce myself.

The primary reason I didn’t earlier was I wasn’t really a soloist. I was until yesterday working full time and now as a free agent, I’m looking for my next challenge, the possibilities are exciting (my profile links to my LinkedIn)! I’ve been researching my business idea, and now, thanks to presently studying my masters of entrepreneurship & innovation can push it from idea stage through to determining viability and building it.

My passion lies in making the virtual worker/ freelancer/ consultant mother (& father) working commitments better balanced with child care services. I’ve learned that many freelancers are able to set their own hours, yet need to do so around the restrictions of a child care centre. It struck me as backwards and so have embarked on the mission to make the balance more flexible and affordable.

The goal is to build a co-project working space that also hosts a child care centre. Imagine bringing your child to work for the hours that you’re working or attending a meeting? No set drop offs or pick ups, no lost payments because your child gets sick, have lunch with your child… that’s the goal, whether I can make it viable remains to be seen!

My business is centred around three key words that imbue who I am and the business I want to build:

• Care: To care is to put your children in a child care centre that provides you with peace-of-mind and flexibility.
    • Collaborate: To collaborate is to join a community of like-minded, family oriented people who will support you in your business and personal endeavors
    • Communicate: To communicate, is to hire an executive assistant who will help you to run your business cost-effectively and efficiently so you can do what you love.

And here’s the clincher – I’m not even a mother yet, but I want to be. I want to be a mother that works and does so in an environment that will support the huge undertaking of being a mother. Since I cannot find that environment now so the goal is to create it and in the process help so many other parents balance work and family with greater ease!

What do you think, am I on to something???

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Caron, and welcome,

I’ve never heard of a co-working space that incorporates childcare before, but as it happens there’s another new member today who’s considering something similar, but over in WA.

If you’d like to connect with her, you’ll find her intro post here.

Hope it all goes brilliantly for you,
    Jayne

Caron
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Thanks Jayne! I’ve added a comment to Jen’s thread!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.