Home Forums Face-to-face meetups & events FS Coffee Group @ Chatswood 8am Thurs every Fortnight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    margaretcarey
    • Total posts: 20

Did I miss something – I went this morning but no one else there??

margaretcarey

Is anyone going tomorrow??

Jacq
    • Total posts: 2

Hi there, Would love to join you – enjoy contributing and need inspiration too! Wondering when the next meeting is scheduled? Jacq

donnafrithdesign
    • Total posts: 101

Hi everyone – sorry for the delay in responding to the thread – I wasn’t getting any email notifications about any of these posts!

Next meetup is the 26 April, 8am at the Chatswood Coffee Club.

@ Margaret, so sorry, something came up last minute on the 29/3 so I couldn’t make it, and then when I went on the 12/4 no-one was there (serves me right for not refreshing the thread :-p)

Hope everyone can make it on the 26 April :-)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,465
    donnafrithdesign, post: 113363 wrote:
    Hi everyone – sorry for the delay in responding to the thread – I wasn’t getting any email notifications about any of these posts!

Next meetup is the 26 April, 8am at the Chatswood Coffee Club.

Thanks for the update Donna :)

Btw, if you’d like to get email updates to threads you’ve commented on, visit the Control panel (via the grey bar above the forum), and choose Edit Options.

About halfway down the page you’ll find a section called Default Thread Subscription Mode – choose the option that best suits you from the drop down, and then scroll to the bottom of the page to save your changes.

Alternatively, you can subscribe to individual threads by using the drop down menu called Thread tools that sits directly on top of the first post in a thread – there’s an option there called Subscribe to thread.

Hope that helps, and enjoy your meet-up next week :)

Jayne

donnafrithdesign

Hi everyone, just a reminder that our next coffee meeting is on Thursday 10 May, 8am at the Coffee Club inside Chatswood Westfield.

We’re informal, chatting about running our businesses, various related topics and sometimes down right off-topic ones :-) but always a positive way to kick off a Thursday morning, please join us anytime!

margaretcarey

Hi Donna – sorry I missed coffee last week, did you get any takers?
    regards Margaret

margaretcarey
    thegrizzle, post: 138667 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record – do you still meet on a fortnightly basis? There hasn’t been much activity on here for a couple of months. My partner and I are recent soloists and would love to meet others!

I used to go but stopped a few months ago as there were so few people attending

Chris@Tapestry
    • Total posts: 97

I’d be interested in getting this going also.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,465

Hi Chris, thegrizzle, Margaret, Donna and everyone,

If anyone is interested in getting this northside meet-up up and running again, please go for it.

The following tips, which we’ve gained from watching meet-ups around the country for the last couple of years, might help it to take off:

1. The most popular meet-ups are inside business hours, but away from school pick-up times.
    2. Always choose somewhere easy to park.
    3. Try to avoid scheduling your meet-up on a public holiday or during school holidays.
    4. It’s much more effective for someone to suggest a time and place and take things from there than it is to leave the date open and try to figure out something that suits everyone. (You can always change the date later if you’d like).
    5. Don’t forget to give people a few week’s notice. That also gives us a chance to give your meet-up a plug on social media for you and to mention it in our Friday newsletter.

Hope that helps – good luck!
    Jayne

Chris@Tapestry

Hi all,
    I’d be interested in getting this going. I don’t know the cafe mentioned – if anyone who has been before found it suitable then let’s stay there. The parking is good after all. I can offer some suggestions in Crows Nest if that’s any better.

So, how about same place, Thursday mornings at 9 (instead of 8?)
    Starting Thursday 15th Nov.

Please post your interest, let’s not waste anyones time with maybes.

donnafrithdesign

Hi everyone,

This was a regular coffee group for two years but wrapped up in the middle of this year as Margaret and I were the only ones still going and we both got a bit busy, etc etc

I would attend them again if there was interest from more people.

I’m a fake solo-ist in that my business is still outside a full-time job, hence the 8am time slot. I suppose it depends on the preference of those interested if this changes of not.

The Coffee Club was a good location though, plenty of parking at Westfield and close to Chatswood train station, plenty of seating and quiet enough to sit and talk with ease. There are plenty of other nice cafes around the lower north shore, but they do tend to be a bit more bustling around that time of the day.

Thanks,
    Donna

Chris@Tapestry

Thanks Donna,

Yes I think Westfield is a good option with the ample parking and trains.
    8am is actually fine with me also… let’s see if we can get to 5 or 6 soloists (fake or not) and make it worthwhile.

Any one else out there?

Chris

Chris@Tapestry

Hi Bridgette and Steve,
    great you are interested. nothing confirmed for tomorrow – can we start Thursday 15th. Also would be much more beneficial to get a few more interested.

Anyone else?

8am Thursday 15th?

Chris@Tapestry

Just posting again to keep this in the recent list. Anyone on the lower North Shore want to join in? Thursday 15th @ 8am, although can be 9am if that’s more suitable to more people.
    The more the merrier obviously.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • The topic ‘FS Coffee Group @ Chatswood 8am Thurs every Fortnight’ is closed to new replies.