Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events FS Forum – LIVE!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up
    ::

So what do my fellow Victorians think of having a live forum meet-up?

If there’s 5+ of us, I’d be happy to organise something maybe once a month where we could get together, bring people along, maybe get a guest speaker, etc …

So, question for Melbournians:

* Would you be interested in a free networking group?
    * What day would be best?
    * What time would be best?
    * What kind of event? Breakfast, drinks, dinner, cocktail?

Location wise, I’m saying CBD or nearby, because I’m always the only person on the West Side and I’m not going to expect everyone to come over here!

Plus, I know hospitality has been suffering recently, so getting a private room shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Angus
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hi Leela
    Great idea, I’m keen.
    Tuesday or Thursday evening or weekday mornings or lunchtimes are good for me. Breakfast or drinks are my suggestion.
    CBD’s fine or around South Melbourne’s also good.
    Hope to see you soon.
    Angus Morrison

CEO
    Lift Business Growth Systems
    [email protected]

Andrew Newman
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Hi Leela

I would be interested in a free networking group. Drinks after work around 5.30pm on a weekday sounds good for me.

What do you see as the aims of the group meeting?

Cheers

JayDee
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

One of the first things I checked was the VIC meetup thread and didn’t see a whole lot happening there. My first thoughts were how my business could possibly help here. Well I have a good knowledge of bars, pubs and such around the CBD and we should meet up in a central like the city on a regular basis.

So now I have been here for a few days maybe I can put an idea forward: We schedule a FS Networking event at a suitable but different venue each month where we can chat but also find out about the places in the city it would be good to entertain clients at. Just about every place is open on a Wednesday but its usually very quiet on that night.

Maybe charge a $5 fee per person to cover organisation costs and/or a free drink or nibbles at events.

I would be happy to run with this and make the arrangements but first lets find out what direction people want this to go in.

http://www.meltours.com.au

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up
    Andrew Newman, post: 9827 wrote:
    What do you see as the aims of the group meeting?

Cheers

My feeling would be that the smartest thing to do would be to structure it around the Flying Solo ethos … so, aimed at soloists, with an outcome of education in various areas, while also providing a supportive environment (I think a LOT of soloists suffer from working at home and not getting the opportunity to get out and interact with people!).

Education wise – I have a lot of contacts in the business development industry / on the speaking circuit … people who have all kinds of cool stuff they can share, from sales to spiral dynamics … and I’m sure there are a lot of members here too who could offer their expertise to each other …

I like the idea of networking as support and referral (although I don’t like the one person from each industry, model – I think that encourages a lack mentality) as opposed to networking to get clients (which rarely, if ever, works, anyway).

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

I’m interested too. And don’t worry about being on the west side. The further west the better!

exstatic
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hey Leela, Great Idea, I was thinking of doing a similar thing in the next few months.

Nothing wrong with being in the west, I live just west of CBD and its a fantastic area!

Let us know the details and I’ll be there.. somehting informative to go to would be excellent as well.

Sandy
    Up

Hey Leela, Great idea would love to meet up with fellow soloists CBD would be cool with me as I am on the south side and find most groups meet on the west, so you can count me in

Regards
    Sandy
    BelieveInNow Performance coaching

JayDee
    Up

Talks by industry experts are great but sounds a bit heavy to lead off with. I notice the other FS meetups are just get togethers for a meet and greet and a bit of networking. Maybe have the meet and greets with more formal events scattered in there. In any case there doesn’t seem enough interest yet to go to that trouble. I am free on the 27th July 6pm as a suggestion for a date for whatever.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

I live east of Melbourne and am interested in being kept up to date with plans. Timing reasonably flexible. I rarely come into the city unless there’s something to attend.

natters23
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I have just joined Flying Solo and would be very interested in meeting other people.

I live out west as well but would be happy to meet up in the CBD

Thanks

Natalie

Craig26
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Leela,

Great idea, I’m also keen to get involved. Also live/ work in the Western suburbs, willing to travel for meetings.

Regards Craig.

protocon
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi Leela, just joined and always keen to meet new people and talk the talk.

Count me in.
    John

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.