Home – New Forums Logistics Fulfilment Centres in Australia?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vesper79
    • Total posts: 37
    Up
    ::

Hi there!

Our business is starting to scale and am looking into ways to not touch any stock! Yay!
    We are currently selling 80% to Australians, 10% to NZ and 10% rest of the world. Next year we have a big opportunity to grow (especially into the US) and looking at ways to no longer have to physically fulfil orders myself. Our product is small in size (jewelry) and easy to post.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Would it be better to still get stock shipped to our home, have someone to come over to fulfil orders and or use a third party fulfilment service?

Thanks!

ShipIT
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

HI There

That is great you are growing so fast it’s an exicting time for you and important to get your fulfillment sorted. Its a good idea to check out all the options available to you.

StarShipIT works with a number of fulfillment centers who do a great job especially for growing companies like you.

Where are you based and I can give you some details of places we recommend?

Or alternatively would be great to have a chat with you about your options if you do decide to keep the fulfillment in-house so to speak. The StarShipIT solution can help you automate every step of the process so with a click of a button you can import orders from all the places you sell (Integration with over 25 selling platforms), provide live rates at check out, carry out address validation and automatically fixes incorrect addresses, allocate orders to the correct service based on rules determined by you including location, weight price, size, prints courier labels, invoices and picking slips, notifies customers via text and email, track status and writes back all information. With support for both international and domestic StarShipIT is a full end to end solution for all. Advanced features include drop shipping, ship from store, support for multi-location, multi brand and multi users.

Thanks
    Rebecca

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Howdy Vesp,

3PL is an interesting mine field, mostly positive although as the word ‘mine field’ eludes too it can also be a headache til you land on your feet….

You sound like you have already done some analysis and understand that time is valuable to you for revenue driving activities as opposed to labour packing processes ;), which a few locate. Using a 3PL tends to come down to what margins you have and profits in products as you pretty much pay for all activity (each touch point) that occurs on your products.

We do 3PL for smaller boutique operators and are very hands on with our clients (which we limit), if you have any queries about us or even just want a second opinion on another provider you are more than welcome to give me a call… Happy to help you on your journey, information can help you digest the costs and understand the viability a little more so please dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.