Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Fun and Personality

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    djmusicalhost
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hello Í’m Brendan from DJ Musical Host and Karaoke based in Western Sydney. Just join the site as been highly recommended to me. I like to meet new people and form business connections with other business owners. Also learn all the different aspects of running a small business. I need to understand how to market my business better.

I started my business about 2 years ago. I have a background in community radio and DJ at friends parties over the years as a hobby and learning new skills. One of my friends suggested I start my own Mobile DJ and MC business which I did.

I feel I can offer more personalized client service than what you may receive from the larger DJ companies. I am available for most events from birthdays to weddings. I able to tailor any music that will suit your event.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Brendan,

Welcome aboard!

That sounds like a fun business to be in – although I imagine the hours can be quite tough sometimes? I’ll look forward to learning more about it during our chats here on the forum.

Thanks for joining us,
    Jayne

PS: Please pass on our thanks to the friend who recommended you join Flying Solo – that makes our day :D

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Brendan,

Sounds like a fun job,
    Welcome to the forum.

Steve

djmusicalhost
    Up

Thanks for the welcome. I consider DJ as a fun job that’s why I chose it. Definitely can be late hours which suits me fine not much of a morning person.

I am not a Sydney wide as some dj companies will tell you. I am targeting my business towards the South-west , north-west and west regions of Sydney. But can go beyond those areas if required.

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up

I have a friend who does the same thing here in Adelaide so I’m a little jealous of both of you (especially the free drinks)!

Good luck with it, I hope you have as much success as he’s had!

djmusicalhost
    Up
    JoshG, post: 162710 wrote:
    I have a friend who does the same thing here in Adelaide so I’m a little jealous of both of you (especially the free drinks)!

Good luck with it, I hope you have as much success as he’s had!

Thanks Josh if you have any tips please feel free to let me know. :)

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    djmusicalhost, post: 162716 wrote:
    Thanks Josh if you have any tips please feel free to let me know. :)

He’s had a lot of success with Facebook so get across that if you aren’t already (although he had a headstart with 1,000+ personal friends before he started his page).

If you want to, email me your website address and I can give you a brief overview.

djmusicalhost
    Up
    JoshG, post: 162731 wrote:
    He’s had a lot of success with Facebook so get across that if you aren’t already (although he had a headstart with 1,000+ personal friends before he started his page).

If you want to, email me your website address and I can give you a brief overview.

I am on social media see under my user name above. 1000+ would be good. I’m in the process of adding content to my website so will let you know. Cheers! ;)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.