Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Fun Networking Event for a good cause

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Karen Morris – Copywriter
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

On Tuesday 24th November Angela Vithoulkas, NSW Telstra Business Woman’s owner of the year, is hosting a fun networking event to support and celebrate the launch of new not-for-profit organisation Project 18. The event has been created as a fun night of styling tips and entertainment with lots of businesses coming to the party to give you something while you give something to a great cause and help make the lives of Indonesian orphans brighter and happier.

Angela is a passionate believer in business owners giving back to the community and has been an amazing force in getting this event off the ground. She will be entertaining the attendees with her wit and wisdom as the MC and will be joining in the networking fun as well as hosting the evening at her famous VIVO cafe in Sydney CBD.

Angela’s participation in this event is attracting many influential and experienced business people, and it’s a great opportunity to mingle with some great business minds. There are lots of fun styling and beauty tips, but don’t be shy guys, you’ll get plenty of brownie points when you pick the perfect gift this year!

See http://project18.eventbrite.com for details and to book your tickets so that Angela and her fabulous team can be sure to cater for you!

As a board member I’ll be representing Project 18 on the night and would love to catch up with fellow Flying Soloists for one more event before the year’s over.

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Karen,
    Just booked my tickets and am looking forward to seeing you there and to hearing Angela speak again – I loved her session at FS Live!

It is such a great cause too! I was at a Global Poverty Forum on the subject of orphans last night, and am all fired up to do what I can to help. I was gobsmacked to learn that there are seven times more orphans in the world than there are people living in Australia. The statistics are just mind-blowing, and I am really keen to help.

Thanks for the invitation and keep up the good work :)
    Jayne

Karen Morris – Copywriter
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hi Jayne,

That’s wonderful! Looking forward to seeing you there.

Yes, the statistics are not good and what is even worse is what these poor children have to endure. If I can use my skills, contacts and business position to make a difference then I will feel I have achieved something.

I have tried to create an event that gives something to everyone involved and it has been a lot of fun. It’s a very rewarding experience as a business owner.

See you Tuesday

Karen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.